Topic Sponsor

Hello from London, Ontario!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 03:58 PM
JJW
Water Boy

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Hello from London, Ontario!

Hi everybody! I'm pretty pumped that I am now a truck owner. I just picked up my 2012 F150 XTR 3.5LEco last night. Woo hoo!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:16 PM

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

sweet you will enjoy it
Old 08-15-2012, 11:25 PM
BOSSLJ

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats on your new purchase. I too just bought anew 2012 FX6 . I just love it.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:52 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry for the late welcome. But Welcome to the site. Sounds like you felt the same way l did when l picked up mine. Congratulations
Old 02-01-2013, 12:09 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to the site. I also am in London. I think you'll find a decent number of people who are on this forum in London as well

Enjoy the truck!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in London too, just picked my 13 F150 up last week coming from a 08 F350
Old 06-04-2013, 01:45 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Guys! London Ontario here too. What dealership do you guys go to? Bought my truck from Mt. Brydges, they replaced a turbo on my eco under warranty at 12K and really pissed me off in the process. No rental or any kind of customer service whatsoever. Didn't believe I had a loss of power or engine light on. Once out for a test drive with it I look out and they are PUSHING it in to the shop, wouldn't even start anymore. Funny how all the mechanics who were chirping and saying it was fine got pretty quiet after that in the garage with me standing there looking at them all scratch their heads. And it was the same old "never seen that before, this is the first one we've had do this" NO, tons of ppl have had turbos replaced. NEXT!

Went to Dorchester, way too small and only one mechanic.

Tried Highbury ford and got told I'm an idiot by the mechanics. I am trying to get my speedo calibrated for my 295/60/20 Terra Grapplers and I argued with the mechanic for 15 minutes how I know its off by about ~10%. He asked me "how do you know its off by that much?" I said basic math and my GPS. He then proceeded to tell me my GPS is wrong and isn't an accurate gauge for speed. ooohhkkaaayyy buddy.

Then I told him how much gas my eco uses and he told me its fine and normal to get 18.5L/100km driving like a grandpa. Went on about, oh that's an average. Thx buddy, pretty sure I get what an average is. I've reset it AT SPEED and it never dips below 16L/100km. Then he told me his 4.6 gets 11L/100km on highway and 21L/100km in city so his average is the same as mine. Why do these mechanics not listen? I just don't get it. My father has been a mechanic for 30 years and I'm a mechanical engineering grad from UWO. I'm not an idiot. Then i asked him how long the TC generally stays unlocked when the truck is cold. When I first hop in and start driving I can be doing 80km/h in 6th gear at 2100rpm. TC obviously unlocked to warm truck up. And he tells me I'm an idiot and the TC is always locked when it's in 6th gear no matter what. I said "how come once it gets warm and the TC locks up its at 1400rpm at 80?" he said "the TC is always locked" and moved along with something else.....ok.

ANYWAYS!......sorry for the rant but I'm pissed. Every time I go in there I have to argue and beg with them to get anything done. Won't flash the latest TSB even after I complain about ****ty mileage, won't adjust my speedo, won't address front end clunk cuz "that's normal with level kit" Currently waiting on them to order in a Vacuum pump for my brakes that's been grinding away for 6 months and was told "it was normal". I fired it up in front of a customer picking up his brand new eco and the noise went off, shoulda seen his face. Funny how 3 mechanics ran over to it then to have a look then. Let you know how that goes when the part comes in and I have to drop it off again.

Where do you guys go? I'm at a loss. I want what I'm entitled to but I also don't want to bitch and whine at them and **** them off then hand them my vehicle behind closed doors for a few days.

First ford and first new vehicle too. Thanks guys
Old 06-04-2013, 04:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GUS.975
Hey Guys! London Ontario here too. What dealership do you guys go to? Bought my truck from Mt. Brydges, they replaced a turbo on my eco under warranty at 12K and really pissed me off in the process. No rental or any kind of customer service whatsoever. Didn't believe I had a loss of power or engine light on. Once out for a test drive with it I look out and they are PUSHING it in to the shop, wouldn't even start anymore. Funny how all the mechanics who were chirping and saying it was fine got pretty quiet after that in the garage with me standing there looking at them all scratch their heads. And it was the same old "never seen that before, this is the first one we've had do this" NO, tons of ppl have had turbos replaced. NEXT!

Tried Highbury ford and got told I'm an idiot by the mechanics. I am trying to get my speedo calibrated for my 295/60/20 Terra Grapplers and I argued with the mechanic for 15 minutes how I know its off by about ~10%. He asked me "how do you know its off by that much?" I said basic math and my GPS. He then proceeded to tell me my GPS is wrong and isn't an accurate gauge for speed. ooohhkkaaayyy buddy.

Then I told him how much gas my eco uses and he told me its fine and normal to get 18.5L/100km driving like a grandpa. Went on about, oh that's an average. Thx buddy, pretty sure I get what an average is. I've reset it AT SPEED and it never dips below 16L/100km. Then he told me his 4.6 gets 11L/100km on highway and 21L/100km in city so his average is the same as mine. Why do these mechanics not listen? I just don't get it. My father has been a mechanic for 30 years and I'm a mechanical engineering grad from UWO. I'm not an idiot. Then i asked him how long the TC generally stays unlocked when the truck is cold. When I first hop in and start driving I can be doing 80km/h in 6th gear at 2100rpm. TC obviously unlocked to warm truck up. And he tells me I'm an idiot and the TC is always locked when it's in 6th gear no matter what. I said "how come once it gets warm and the TC locks up its at 1400rpm at 80?" he said "the TC is always locked" and moved along with something else.....ok.

ANYWAYS!......sorry for the rant but I'm pissed. Every time I go in there I have to argue and beg with them to get anything done. Won't flash the latest TSB even after I complain about ****ty mileage, won't adjust my speedo, won't address front end clunk cuz "that's normal with level kit" Currently waiting on them to order in a Vacuum pump for my brakes that's been grinding away for 6 months and was told "it was normal". I fired it up in front of a customer picking up his brand new eco and the noise went off, shoulda seen his face. Funny how 3 mechanics ran over to it then to have a look then. Let you know how that goes when the part comes in and I have to drop it off again.

Where do you guys go? I'm at a loss. I want what I'm entitled to but I also don't want to bitch and whine at them and **** them off then hand them my vehicle behind closed doors for a few days.

I am really surprised that you don't like M.B Ford, I have dealt with them for years and never had a problem, I always deal with James, great guy and will do the best he can for you. I admit that sometimes they are not the most organized but I will put up with that for what service I do get. I know one thing they will never rip you off even been told that from a mechanic that works there. I have heard nothing good about Highbury, if I was you I would give M.B. another chance they really are good people. Cheers
Old 06-22-2013, 10:36 AM

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts

There may be a meet tomorrow afternoon by Vaughn.. Anyone interested?
Old 06-22-2013, 02:47 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GUS.975

I have dealt with Highbury ford and oakridge ford. After a bad experience at Highbury in their service department I now go to oakridge for my servicing. I have found them to do good work so far and have fixed my minor problems so far the first time around. They seem to have no problem putting through a fix on warranty. Maybe give them a try.

Quick Reply: Hello from London, Ontario!