Topic Sponsor

Any differences between Canadian sold F150s and US versions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 12:04 PM
SoFlo5.0_4x4

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
Question Any differences between Canadian sold F150s and US versions?

So, after finding a company's vehicle log book in the glove box, I did a history report on my 2012 F150 XLT. Found out its whole history is as a service truck for a company (Nogha Enterprises LTD) in NT. Good thing is hopefully they kept up to date on maintenance. Probably saw a lot of salty winters though. This also explains the DRLs, which from I remember from when I had my Grand Cherokee, is a Canada thing. Also explains the engine block heater, which I just found the plug for. I was just curious if there were any differences between a Canadan version and a US version? Anything I should look over? Probably have to thoroughly inspect it for rust now. Truck rides solid though, engine is smooth too, everything works.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:23 PM

Received 79 Likes on 26 Posts

There are some differences. First off, you can disable DRLs through FORScan if you'd like to. Secondly, I could not order my truck with a 36 gallon tank, although it would have been no problem if I lived 2 miles east of here in Niagara Falls NY.

There shouldn't be anything that would cause you any worries or grief. Also, the speedo will be in km/h. That may take some getting used to.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:20 PM
SoFlo5.0_4x4

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by PitCritter
There are some differences. First off, you can disable DRLs through FORScan if you'd like to. Secondly, I could not order my truck with a 36 gallon tank, although it would have been no problem if I lived 2 miles east of here in Niagara Falls NY.

There shouldn't be anything that would cause you any worries or grief. Also, the speedo will be in km/h. That may take some getting used to.
Really? That's interesting. Mine does have a 36 gallon tank. Maybe it was special ordered since it was purchased by a company or something. I think they swap out the guages when they import them. The large numbers on mine are MPH, though the electric readouts are all metric whenever I reset the battery, but you can change that to imperial in the settings, though the actual sensor readouts in engineering mode are all metric as well (digital speedo, temps, etc).

Quick Reply: Any differences between Canadian sold F150s and US versions?