Topic Sponsor

2012 XTR 5.0 3:55 Screw I yr old and small issue's starting - anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 12:40 PM

Received 216 Likes on 163 Posts
Default 2012 XTR 5.0 3:55 Screw I yr old and small issue's starting - anyone else?

Hi Guys well My Truck just turned 1 yr's old last week, and small things starting to bug the crap out of me....LOL

2012 Screw, 5.0, 3:55, Sterling Gray - 5,800KM's

- 3rd Brake Light, taking on water, and turning green inside.

- Driver's Mirror fell out when I folded the Mirror in

- Slider Latch - Very first time I used it a week ago I opened it, was fine until I went to close it, and Latch broke off in my hand.

- Snap Crackle Pop, when I back up on a slight grade into my driveway.
first time was -1 -2 months old did 3 times, now month ago it does it every single day. (only in reverse on a grade)

- Trans slight Bucking, lerching when COLD in 1st and 2nd gear then after that its fine, you can feel it slow down the lerch ahead and the rpm's go up and down. Only does it till it hits 3rd and then never does it till its cold start the next day.

- Ford still can't find the right Calibration for my 34" tires, should I get them to try 35" and see if it will calibrate

So Off to the dealer it will go, I mean really the truck is still like New.

Any one else having small problems........LOL

Grant

2012 XTR 5.0 3:55 Screw I yr old and small issue's starting - anyone else?-meet-n-greet-202.jpg

2012 XTR 5.0 3:55 Screw I yr old and small issue's starting - anyone else?-f150-pic.jpg

2012 XTR 5.0 3:55 Screw I yr old and small issue's starting - anyone else?-face-book-g.jpg

Last edited by Grandpa's Grocery Getter; 08-09-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:24 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You need to drive that thing more!! Lol I've put on 12000km since I got mine in march
The following users liked this post:
Grandpa's Grocery Getter (10-07-2013)
Old 08-09-2013, 07:38 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I found that I had the same snap, crackle, pop when I left mine on the slight grade of my driveway for a few days without driving it, when reversing. It goes away when I drive it daily. None of your other issues though. I have a 2011, FX4, SCrew, 5.0.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:09 PM

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

I think these brothers are right, you need to drive your truck more. How about a roadtrip to the interior or to the island? Meet up with some other brothers in the area!

I know the transmission should feel a little different during a cold start in the morning, but it's not like it gets cold enough overnight to affect our vehicles. This seems a bit odd to me. I know what cold starts are like since I remember winters in the Prairie Provinces. As far as the mirror, high mount brake light and slider are concerned your truck should have that under warranty. Odd for something like that to break though.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Tradesman
I think these brothers are right, you need to drive your truck more. How about a roadtrip to the interior or to the island? Meet up with some other brothers in the area!

I know the transmission should feel a little different during a cold start in the morning, but it's not like it gets cold enough overnight to affect our vehicles. This seems a bit odd to me. I know what cold starts are like since I remember winters in the Prairie Provinces. As far as the mirror, high mount brake light and slider are concerned your truck should have that under warranty. Odd for something like that to break though.
Its all under warranty if not modified so find out what rep says wed, seems there is a lot of trucks having these issue's there is a few Threads about it...The trans & snap and pop thing......

the Mirror hasn't fell out since I put it back in...they changed the mirror caps when I bought to chrome so its there problem....

Trans thing is only on first start up of the day COLD...driving out of driveway, once it shifts to 3rd its fine rest of day till the Next day at a COLD start....I read it needs a recalibration .....

the rear could be drive shaft, to pinion, to just loc tight the splines on the flange that connects the driveshaft to pinion gear

but I mean really at this mileage....wow
Old 08-10-2013, 08:56 PM

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

Hell, I don't have any issues with body parts coming/falling off my truck and I have 200,000km on it! Damn. I would take it back to Ford and I would give Ford Canada s**t for this.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure hope that is not a sign of things to come! I don't even have mine yet!
Nice looking truck though Grant!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ultralow787
Sure hope that is not a sign of things to come! I don't even have mine yet!
Nice looking truck though Grant!
Hi,

Thanks for the comp....
yes I hope it doesn't get any worse then this, my buddies 2013FX4 the one in the pic, is just starting to make some noise and he just passed me in KM's......im only at 6000km.......

I hope its just as simple as one of the TSB's as loc tightening the drive shaft bolts.....

Grant
Old 10-06-2013, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Grandpa's Grocery Getter
Hi,

Thanks for the comp....
yes I hope it doesn't get any worse then this, my buddies 2013FX4 the one in the pic, is just starting to make some noise and he just passed me in KM's......im only at 6000km.......

I hope its just as simple as one of the TSB's as loc tightening the drive shaft bolts.....

Grant
All Issue's are fixed!!.....replaced or TSBs , and calibrations done.......
Its better then new very tight off the line no lagging it just boltz off the line with those 34" tires. Truck is very tight now, and shifts better then it did when new, has a Higher Calibration.

I did a Post in the 2009 Thread........

Grant

2012 XTR 5.0 3:55 Screw I yr old and small issue's starting - anyone else?-meet-n-greet-202.jpg
fringe_remnant (10-07-2013)
Old 10-07-2013, 10:05 PM

Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

Love the look of your truck GG. I am inspired. I see you've got the 3.55 Rear end... I have the 3.73.. just got my rig a week ago. Wonderin' how it all works out with those big tires on these smaller diffs.

FR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally Posted by Grandpa's Grocery Getter
All Issue's are fixed!!.....replaced or TSBs , and calibrations done.......
Its better then new very tight off the line no lagging it just boltz off the line with those 34" tires. Truck is very tight now, and shifts better then it did when new, has a Higher Calibration.

I did a Post in the 2009 Thread........

Grant

Attachment 260485
Attached Thumbnails 2012 XTR 5.0 3:55 Screw I yr old and small issue's starting - anyone else?-kodiak_02rr-sept.29-2013-1-1-.jpg  
Grandpa's Grocery Getter (10-07-2013)

Quick Reply: 2012 XTR 5.0 3:55 Screw I yr old and small issue's starting - anyone else?