Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

wiring new stereo

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring new stereo

i recently bought a Pioneer AVH-280BT, and i bought the proper wiring harness for my truck. im not very good with electrical.. now i have the orange wire on the metra wiring harness, and an orange white wire coming off of pioneers wiring plug, do i solder these 2?

now, to bypass the park brake and DVD situation do i use my green park brake wire, on a switch, and run a second wire on the switch and ground it?
Old 08-23-2016, 04:51 PM

Received 691 Likes on 568 Posts

First of all I'm not responsible if something is not wired correctly.

The orange wire off of the metra harness should have a label printed directly on the wire. Most likely it is for illumination. The orange/white wire in the HU is in fact for illumination. Again MAKE SURE the orange wire on the metra harness is for illumination. As for the parking brake the install for that HU says the light green wire must be connected to the powered side of the parking switch. Many HUs you can either attach that wire to a ground, a 12v switched powered wire such as the RED wire on the HU. Some require a pulsed power which will require another part. Here is the lengthy owners manual for your head unit. http://pioneerelectronics.com/Static...nual101915.pdf

Quick Reply: wiring new stereo