Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Wife bought a goodie (i think).

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 06:03 PM
hummmmm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wife bought a goodie (i think).

Anyway she just told me since its not going to arrive on my B-Day (on time) that she bought me the SCT X3 tuner. Is that a good one? I never really looked much into it, but she caught me looking at that one and thought I wanted it. Is it worth it or should I exchange it when she isnt looking?

I liked the Livewire, but heard there were some problems.

Peace..
Old 06-06-2008, 06:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i do not have one yet but yes it is a keeper.. i dont think you find anyone on this forum to dog the sctcaL3. the only thing you may want to do is asking around and see about getting some special written tune ups for you particular wants. like if you want to pull somehting, use 93 octane and be a speed demon and also one set for fuel mileage.... i have seena couple different names thrown around such as troyer performance, a couple in florida have been named but i cannot remember the name. I am sure others will chime in and give more info also.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:41 PM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

I use VMPtuning.com to do the tunes for my truck.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:56 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I use JAWS racing for my custom tuning.. See Sig
Old 06-06-2008, 11:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

no matter who you go with for custom tunes, if you do at all, the x3 is a great tuner
Old 06-07-2008, 01:19 AM
hummmmm

Sweet deal...

I would probably go thre Troyer if I go custom, I dont even have an exhaust just the CAI for now. Alot more mods once I have some time. Looking at buying a house right now too.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:43 AM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by kickinit
Sweet deal...

I would probably go thre Troyer if I go custom, I dont even have an exhaust just the CAI for now. Alot more mods once I have some time. Looking at buying a house right now too.
I chose not to go with Troyer for one very big reason. No one at all should be told to wait 6-8 weeks for a tune. Justin Starkey did mine personally and had it in my hands in 9 business days.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:22 AM
hummmmm

Yeah I heard about the wait. That is a long wait, I use to tune Apexi PFCs and no tune should take more then 1-3 days and those arent even full days.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I went with Troyer custom tuning and the waiting is very hard. Here's the way to look at it though. Here's one way to look at it. Would you rather trust your truck to someone who specializes in custom tuning F150's or someone who specializes in custom tuning Mustangs? The wait may be long, but you've already owned your truck for how long and have managed to drive without custom tuning? The wait is long, but it is so worth it in the end.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:57 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by wxmcpo
I went with Troyer custom tuning and the waiting is very hard. Here's the way to look at it though. Here's one way to look at it. Would you rather trust your truck to someone who specializes in custom tuning F150's or someone who specializes in custom tuning Mustangs? The wait may be long, but you've already owned your truck for how long and have managed to drive without custom tuning? The wait is long, but it is so worth it in the end.
A good tuner is a good tuner. I would rather have someone who is expierenced in all kind of motors makes and models. That way he knows all the tricks.

Quick Reply: Wife bought a goodie (i think).