Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

What's next...Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What's next...Need Advice

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for advice on options for swapping out my tired 5.4l 3v in my 05 SCREW Lariat. I have done every possible replacement when it comes to cam phasers and have replaced the spark plugs, water pump, radiator and have done all of the cheap upgrades found on this forum. The engine just feels like it is on it's last leg. I own the truck and at this point in life would not like to have a truck payment, so please save the, "just buy a new truck comments." I would much spend a little $$ a new engine and trans then a lot of $$ on a new truck. Not to mention it would make me feel much better when I'm deployed and my wife is driving the horses from show to show. I also spent a good chunk of change on upgrading the suspension and braking system and would hate to lose that $$ spent on trade-in. I was thinking about maybe a 5.0 swap. It seems pretty straight forward, but I could be wrong. I'm worried about swapping a new 5.4l, mainly because I don't want to deal with the same problems as I did with this one. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 09-19-2014, 08:47 PM
Uberhater,Troll,Whatever

Received 110 Likes on 49 Posts

A swap of engines is likely unrealistic (other than a same year replacement). Rebuild, or purchase a rebuilt engine (lots of options there) with warranty. Lots cheaper than a new truck payment.

!?!? Horses are like boats and airplanes... money pits from he((. Been there...

And thanks for serving.
The following users liked this post:
broham25 (09-21-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 02:54 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Tuner? I added an Edge Evo to mine and it really helped.

Quick Reply: What's next...Need Advice