Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

What is the Better Bang for the Buck?

Old 01-22-2013, 08:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What is the Better Bang for the Buck?

I am trying to decide between stepping up to a CAI or dropping in a tuner on my '04 SCAB. I already have a drop in K&N and the Gotts mod. I have seen many different thoughts of the CAI's and lots of issues after install. I have not heard alot about tuners (Edge Evo) and any issues that they might have after install. Since the cost difference isnt that much I would like to get the most for the money.
Also as a side note: Is anybody having a creaking sound come from the gotts tube during acceleration or sitting at stoplights? I have mine taped to try and help but it seems nothing helps.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:44 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Edge all the way bro...a CAI may make your truck run lean.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:48 AM

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by pirateman98
I am trying to decide between stepping up to a CAI or dropping in a tuner on my '04 SCAB. I already have a drop in K&N and the Gotts mod. I have seen many different thoughts of the CAI's and lots of issues after install. I have not heard alot about tuners (Edge Evo) and any issues that they might have after install. Since the cost difference isnt that much I would like to get the most for the money.
Also as a side note: Is anybody having a creaking sound come from the gotts tube during acceleration or sitting at stoplights? I have mine taped to try and help but it seems nothing helps.
Mine use to make the same noise, I ended up using brake lube around the part that goes in the fender because it was the only thing around and it hasn't made that noise in months
Old 01-22-2013, 10:11 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

the tuner for sure, if you already have a drop in filter and the gotts you won't notice any huge difference but you will with the tuner, i have the edge evo, its great but only canned tunes so i f you want it more specific then you might want some other brand. the edge will firm up the trans shifting and add more power and tq all at the same time and you will notice a big difference in all driving
Old 01-22-2013, 10:24 AM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Id agree with a tuner but I may be slight biased as well. :-)
Old 01-22-2013, 11:42 AM

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

I say do BOTH! but if costs are an issues, I say TUNER first... I went BULLYDOG and don't know how I feel about it.. its my first tuner and don't know anyone that has a tuner on their truck, so I have nothing to compare it to...
Old 01-22-2013, 04:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems that the general feeling is a tuner.... I do mostly highway driving and beach driving during the warm months here in NC. I like the Edge, but have heard that the Diablo has more options (dont know I really need them). Do I need an onboard tuner or just 1 that I connect and flash the ECM and put away?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Your Mod Superstore!

Received 167 Likes on 151 Posts

Get a Tuner for sure. It's up to you if you want one that plugs in and then you put it away or one that stays plugged in. Do you want to keep an eye on certain temps or vitals? I personally like the Diablo products, you can get the Intune fairly reasonably. Send me a PM and I can get you a quote with your forum discount applied.
AJ

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is the Better Bang for the Buck?