Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

What all terrain big tires for Stock 20" Rims is BEST with leveling lift? ********

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What all terrain big tires for Stock 20" Rims is BEST with leveling lift? ********

Hi, I just got an all stock 2007 F150 4x4 Lariat SCrew with 31K miles & I really love it. That was the best I could afford; car is fully loaded & very well taken care of. Here is my issue:

Now I want to add an Auto Spring 2.5" leveling kit in the front & 3" block in the back to replace the stock block. Want to keep stock 20" rims & replace the tires. I live in a farm on the Big Island of Hawai`i & drive on an unpaved dirt road & wet grass on a daily basis that sometimes gets real muddy. Also go off road on mountain dirt roads every now & then.

Here's the catch, I drive across the island on a 90 mile highway drive 2 or 3 times a week. I want big all terrain tires that have an off-road look & perform well all over but it’s very important to me that they do not make noise on the highway. Any suggestions?

Thanks...
Old 03-10-2012, 10:30 PM

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

BF Goodrich all terrains and Nitto Terra Grapplers are both really good all terrain tires from what I've heard.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zmadams
BF Goodrich all terrains and Nitto Terra Grapplers are both really good all terrain tires from what I've heard.
That's what I hear from reading other posts just not sure which to go for. I think both look real good. Just wanna make sure that I make the right choice.

This is my first truck, always wanted one but never could afford one. Funds are limited but I need something that looks good & performs even better. The highway noise issue is a big one or I will never hear the end of it from my wife.

Thanks for the input.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Eat. Sleep. Lift.

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I just ordered the Terra Grapplers I've heard good things.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:52 AM

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by QBNOD

That's what I hear from reading other posts just not sure which to go for. I think both look real good. Just wanna make sure that I make the right choice.

This is my first truck, always wanted one but never could afford one. Funds are limited but I need something that looks good & performs even better. The highway noise issue is a big one or I will never hear the end of it from my wife.

Thanks for the input.
Honestly I can almost guarantee you'll be happy with either one of those. And while I've never priced these out I'm betting the BFG's will be considerably more expensive than the nittos, at least that was the case when I was looking at mud terrain tires. Just something to consider.

Quick Reply: What all terrain big tires for Stock 20" Rims is BEST with leveling lift? ********