Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

well my luck ran out.. window tint ticket

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Built FORD Tough!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default well my luck ran out.. window tint ticket

Well after almost a year of having 5% on my front doors and 5% over factory a sherriff pulled me over today for it. He wrote me the ticket but put waiveable on it so hopefully its just a fix it ticket. 5% on the front is dark at night anyway so I think I'm going to get 35% on the front. I'm not that mad because I had it coming eventually and I'm hoping it gets waived when I remove it. He also said I can only have the top 4 inches tinted on the front Windows.. what kind of crap is that? He gave me a warning on my blue leds in my bed cargo lights and reverse so I need to fix that too.

If you have gotten a tint ticket, how much does it cost? He said I have to wait a couple days and call the court house to find out
Old 05-23-2013, 03:44 PM

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts

Mine had no fee with it but I had to fix it in 30 days or there would be a warrant out for my arrest. (The cop was a dick)
Old 05-23-2013, 03:54 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

In Texas I had to pay $10 or 20 if I recall correctly. Been a few years. May depend on municipality as well, mine was in Rowlett a suburb of Dallas.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In NC you can get a note from your eye doctor... if he's cool that is. Good luck.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to get them in my Camaro all the time. They were $130 a piece. I used to go get scrap tint from shops, put it in a grocery bag and take that to court with me as evidence of removing it. Ive had 2 dropped that way. Im running 4% on my fronts and 2% on the rears on my truck. I roll my windows down everytime I see a cop
Old 05-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Built FORD Tough!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Carpenter981
I used to get them in my Camaro all the time. They were $130 a piece. I used to go get scrap tint from shops, put it in a grocery bag and take that to court with me as evidence of removing it. Ive had 2 dropped that way. Im running 4% on my fronts and 2% on the rears on my truck. I roll my windows down everytime I see a cop
I usually drop them when I see them, but it was too late today. I'll bring in the scrap tint to show them. Thanks for the tip
Old 05-23-2013, 08:10 PM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

If the ticket did not have a fine amount on it, that probably means your state has a sliding fine. That would be why you have to call the courthouse for the amount Check your state vehicle code and it should list the fine amounts. Most times you will get the minimum fine if you have no previous violations.

I would not bother taking scrap tint in a bag to court unless you have complete idiots working at your police and/or sheriff departments. I know in Pennsylvania you have to produce the vehicle to an inspection station or police department to prove the tint has been removed from the specific vehicle in violation.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:31 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Thats why I stopped tinting any front windows years ago. It looks cool, but not worth the hassle. What are you going to do drive around in the winter and roll the windows down every time you seee a cop when it freezing out. They arent idiots either.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Blown Mafia

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts

Depends....$35 in Iowa for me, then $176 in MN, then the last time in MN, threatened to impound my car the next time+$176.

Tis the season...
Old 05-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Blown Mafia

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by kitchenboy
Thats why I stopped tinting any front windows years ago. It looks cool, but not worth the hassle. What are you going to do drive around in the winter and roll the windows down every time you seee a cop when it freezing out. They arent idiots either.
I asked my eye doc for a prescription as I get migraines from the bright light, then eventually fuzzy vision, but in MN the 'scrip don't hold up. So I have tint+darkest prescription sun glasses. No issues now. I seldom drive the truck.

Quick Reply: well my luck ran out.. window tint ticket