Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

washer issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default washer issue

I looked on other threads here but didn't see this problem so if someone can help I would appreciate it. The driver side washer nozzle will not spray out whatsoever. The passenger sode is fine-it is only the driver side. I have plenty of fluid in the reservoir and I can see no leaks from the tubing. Has anyone had this issue and do you think it could be the washer pump? This is a great forum by the way.
Thanks.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're getting fluid on one side, your pump should be fine. Most likely your check valve went out. There should be a Y-valve that splits your hoses to spray both sides of the windshield. All this valve does is keeps fluid in the line so when you hit the switch, there is no delay. It probably closed on one side causing the washer fluid to only move through the passenger side. Try taking the valve off and blowing through it on both sides. They're really cheap, the only problem is finding one. I've had a few go out over the years and I could never find them so I would always just replace it with a regular fitting without any problems. If your valve is good, I'd just go buy some rubber tubing and replace the whole thing. Shouldn't cost more than a few bucks. Good luck.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on previous vehicles i've had i have had the spots where it sprays out from the little black nozzles corrode up or have stuff build up in there. i just disconnected the lines and blew air threw them

Quick Reply: washer issue