Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Used 2005 screw lariat water leaks - HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used 2005 screw lariat water leaks - HELP

Been reading about all of the water leaks associated with this truck. I replaced the gasket of the rear brake light and I still have the leak. Water actually comes in the rear passenger side roof. Does not seem to be wetting the head liner though but comes out of the space between the liner and the rear window. It does not leak if I park on a hill but only when I am on a flat surface, odd. It does fill up the space under the doors in back and front and makes the wonderful sloshing sound when driving and braking.

Is there anything out there for this issue. I don't think that the brake light is still leaking, but maybe it is. Is this the way that your trucks leaked for those of you who have had the brake light issue? OR do I have a separate issue, ya think? Used the "D" rubber gasket fix that I read about in an earlier post for the problem. Any more thoughts. Bought this used this summer and now I'm sorry but need to fix it somehow.

For those who used silicone, what type do you use and does it peel off when you need to replace lights?
Old 09-08-2011, 04:06 PM
poopin.....on this thread

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

i had the same problem you are refering too. sat in the dealer lot for a long time on flat land and never had a problem, parked in my driveway, with the front of the truck sloped up and it leaked like crazy with a little afternoon sprinkle. i used good ole cheap clear silicone. i laid a thin bead on the truck side and a small bead on the lens side with the gasket in between and then i lightly laid it on there. i then let it set up about 90% then i screwed it down tight. never leaked after that. i even went ahead and ran the sprinkler on the truck for a long time with it parked on the same slope that it leaked....no trouble.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks
Just seems that mine leaks when on flat and NOT on the slope in my driveway.

I replaced the gasket 2 days ago and with all of the rain that the east coast has gotten on the slope, nothing, but went to our local Panera and when I cam out it ran into the the passenger side of the back seat.

Does the silicone come off easily for bulb replacement or does it seem to do anything to the paint?

Really like the looks of this truck and want to love it again.

Quick Reply: Used 2005 screw lariat water leaks - HELP