Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

UPS Finally Delivered My JLT

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 06:06 PM
KK4YAJ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default UPS Finally Delivered My JLT

The goods finally came in! It took a while with the holiday weekend making delivery longer. I want to do a before and after datalog to see different parameter results so that might take a while as I've never used a programmer before. Hopefully I'll get this all in this evening and report back on the fun!

JLT intake and SCT X4
Old 09-11-2015, 02:14 PM
KK4YAJ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are a few pictures of the intake change and some thoughts at the end.

Factory airbox.

Factory airbox ready for gutting

Out with the old.

Overall the install was pretty simple. The usual aftermarket intake growl is there but not as loud as I thought it would be. It mixes in well with my 40 Series Flowmaster! SCT's prgrammer is pretty simple as well and I love the gauges that can be view all the sensors available.

When installing the tune it is not a custom one from JLT but rather JLT's intake option being available for SCT's three tunes. I installed the 87 octane tune and made sure to fill up with 87 (Wyoming gas stations run a scam with selling 85 octane as "regular" because of the advantage it gave way back when to carburetors running at high altituds here.)

The gains I love the most are the transmissions shifts, both up and down shifting, and instant throttle response. When I was rolling at about 25 MPH and stomped on the gas it was an instant downshift to first gear and the engine got right on the power with the throttle response!

I am very pleased with this setup, like the new look, and the space it freed up in the engine bay for future projects Next is to hook up the travel trailer to see how much better it can tow.

Last edited by TXFE82; 09-11-2015 at 02:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TNathe (09-11-2015)

Quick Reply: UPS Finally Delivered My JLT