Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Trying to find special ford tools (phaser locker, 3V spring compressor, ect.)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Something

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Trying to find special ford tools (phaser locker, 3V spring compressor, ect.)

Hey all. I am trying to find some used (or new if they are cheap) special ford tools such as:

-VCT phaser locking tool
-special 3V engine valve spring compressor (I found one guy's site from this forum that looks good, but I'll ask in this thread anyways)
-the tool(s) for removing and installing the front seal (I want to replace my oil pump when I do a bunch of things)
-the tool that locks the crankshaft (there is one isn't there?)

Basically I need the special tools to replace my: phasers; lifters; timing chains, guides and tensioners; oil pump. I would like to get the special tools that were meant to fit the 3V engine, but I hate how much these tools are. Anyone do these procedures and not want their tools? I want to buy if cheap.

Thanks all! And hey, if anyone knows of good sites or stores to find good prices on these tools then let me know.

I did find this guy: www.shopFreedomRacing.com. This is an awesome place to find, and rent, some special tools.

Quick Reply: Trying to find special ford tools (phaser locker, 3V spring compressor, ect.)