Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

truck stuttering issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 11:09 PM
vdubber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truck stuttering issue

hey guys, i own a 06 lariat screw 5.4 and recently the truck has developed a stuttering issue when cold until operating temperature and occasionally when giving it WOT from around 30-50 mph. What happens is that it rev's freely to about 3000 rpm and then it just bogs down and sounds like it is missing, but i let off from WOT it will act like nothing happen and pull to wherever it decides to shift. Know i am very mechanically inclined but i have never had a car just randomly decide to start stuttering or bog like it does under such a fine circumstance. My instinct is telling me to look at my coil packs, and plugs, but i know these transmissions are not the strongest link in these trucks, so i am tempted to think that it could possibly be related, but the fluids are new. The truck has 90,000 km on it (56,000 miles roughly i believe) If you guys have any ideas that would be great

pics of the truck in question:

Old 05-18-2010, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine shuddered HARD from 30-60 when giving it the gas. It was a faulty coilpack on one of the sparkplugs. They replaced it at the dealer and it's been fine ever since.

Quick Reply: truck stuttering issue