Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Truck is dead in the water need advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck is dead in the water need advice

Alright y'all so I have been having this issue for a little while now and I have my first day off in weeks to finally work on it tomorrow.

So A few months ago I was driving my 04 4x4 f-150 XLT with the 5.4l 3v in it, and at every red light it would stall out on me and die. At about 50-55mph it would shudder in between gear changes, but after that it runs great. At lower speeds it runs fine as long as I am pressing the gas. It is just at an idle that it decides to cut out on me. the only code I am getting off the truck is a P0174 code, and I have already checked the vacuum lines (the feel in place but I can't get my hand back there to be certain). I also checked the fuel injectors and coils and all of those seem fine as well. Yet I still have the same issues, I am currently trying to sell it for a down payment on a new F-150 so the faster I can get it running right the better.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:38 PM
05 5.4l 3v s.crew lariat

Received 627 Likes on 564 Posts

Probrably misfires below threshold to set cel . If you have android phone /blue tooth code reader 5 dollar torque pro app you can see test results per cyl raw counts which will tell you which are acting up . Of course you should clean maf and throttle body . Last plug and boot change ? Best always to do that first .
Old 07-24-2018, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redfishtd
Probrably misfires below threshold to set cel . If you have android phone /blue tooth code reader 5 dollar torque pro app you can see test results per cyl raw counts which will tell you which are acting up . Of course you should clean maf and throttle body . Last plug and boot change ? Best always to do that first .
The previous owner changed the plugs and boots before I bought it about a year ago. I know The exhaust manifolds/cats are garbage but didn't worry about that originally as I was going to use this as a donor truck for my rat rod. I am waiting on the triton spark plug socket to still be delivered here later this week. I know tomorrow I am going to change the fuel filter and clean the fuel injectors to see if that helps. The MAF, Throttle body and air filter are brand new.

Quick Reply: Truck is dead in the water need advice