Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Truck is dead in the water need advice

Old 07-24-2018, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck is dead in the water need advice

Alright y'all so I have been having this issue for a little while now and I have my first day off in weeks to finally work on it tomorrow.

So A few months ago I was driving my 04 4x4 f-150 XLT with the 5.4l 3v in it, and at every red light it would stall out on me and die. At about 50-55mph it would shudder in between gear changes, but after that it runs great. At lower speeds it runs fine as long as I am pressing the gas. It is just at an idle that it decides to cut out on me. the only code I am getting off the truck is a P0174 code, and I have already checked the vacuum lines (the feel in place but I can't get my hand back there to be certain). I also checked the fuel injectors and coils and all of those seem fine as well. Yet I still have the same issues, I am currently trying to sell it for a down payment on a new F-150 so the faster I can get it running right the better.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:38 PM
05 5.4l 3v s.crew lariat

Received 315 Likes on 295 Posts

Probrably misfires below threshold to set cel . If you have android phone /blue tooth code reader 5 dollar torque pro app you can see test results per cyl raw counts which will tell you which are acting up . Of course you should clean maf and throttle body . Last plug and boot change ? Best always to do that first .
Old 07-24-2018, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redfishtd View Post
Probrably misfires below threshold to set cel . If you have android phone /blue tooth code reader 5 dollar torque pro app you can see test results per cyl raw counts which will tell you which are acting up . Of course you should clean maf and throttle body . Last plug and boot change ? Best always to do that first .
The previous owner changed the plugs and boots before I bought it about a year ago. I know The exhaust manifolds/cats are garbage but didn't worry about that originally as I was going to use this as a donor truck for my rat rod. I am waiting on the triton spark plug socket to still be delivered here later this week. I know tomorrow I am going to change the fuel filter and clean the fuel injectors to see if that helps. The MAF, Throttle body and air filter are brand new.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Truck is dead in the water need advice

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: