Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Transmission Fluid Leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Fluid Leak

I have a 2008 F150 King Ranch with the Towing Package. I succeeded in taking out a minivan by running head first into it. Included in the repairs was the replacement of the external transmission oil cooler.

The problem now is that the line connections to the cooler are leaking. They are not the standard flanged fittings like on radiators. I did replace the O-rings that were on the lines, but that did not fix the issue.

Are there any other gaskets that go into the cooler that did not get installed or are my transmission lines just messed up?
Old 03-26-2014, 07:39 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bliljestrand
I have a 2008 F150 King Ranch with the Towing Package. I succeeded in taking out a minivan by running head first into it. Included in the repairs was the replacement of the external transmission oil cooler.

The problem now is that the line connections to the cooler are leaking. They are not the standard flanged fittings like on radiators. I did replace the O-rings that were on the lines, but that did not fix the issue.

Are there any other gaskets that go into the cooler that did not get installed or are my transmission lines just messed up?
I had same issue and dealer said that the whole line had to be replaced cuz the end in the cooler is not serviceable.

Quick Reply: Transmission Fluid Leak