Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Throttle Response

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 10:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Throttle Response

Can someone please list the things that i can do to my truck it give it better throttle response.. im not a fan of pushing the gas and waiting a second until it goes..
Old 11-21-2010, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me too, shouldn't have to wait before it goes....
Old 11-21-2010, 11:13 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

a programmer is gonna give you the most help, you can try a cai or the gotts mod, that can help as well but its more like a placebo effect. but it is cheap to do(gotts)
Old 11-21-2010, 11:26 PM

well,
im going to clean my TB
get new spark plugs..
and eventually programmer.. sound good?
Old 11-21-2010, 11:28 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Yea all that stuff is good to do, doesnt make much sense to put new stuff on if the heart of it all isnt performing its best.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:14 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

id prolly fix this problem first..https://www.f150forum.com/f4/umm-thr...ark-wtf-71400/

but for your question... a programmer is going to give you the actual.. foot to pedel difference.. i dont know if you have exhaust but that will make you think its badasser.. and CAI will help... the gotts mod will help response.. and is probably just as good as most CAI
Old 11-22-2010, 06:28 AM
08 F150 LIMITED

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I had the same problem on my 08 Limited 5.4 when I bought it 2 months ago. Here's what I did to fix the problem. Turn the key to the on position but DON'T start the engine. Now press the gas peddle to the floor SLOWLY and let it come up/back as fast as you can, turn key to the off position. Now do this two more times. Now start the engine and go for a test drive then report back here with your findings!
This procedure works on my motorcycle so I tried it on my truck and it worked there too!
I also disconnected my battery but that was a couple of days later and wasn't done to correct the throttle problem but it drives like it's suppose to now.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:07 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by diamonbird
I had the same problem on my 08 Limited 5.4 when I bought it 2 months ago. Here's what I did to fix the problem. Turn the key to the on position but DON'T start the engine. Now press the gas peddle to the floor SLOWLY and let it come up/back as fast as you can, turn key to the off position. Now do this two more times. Now start the engine and go for a test drive then report back here with your findings!
This procedure works on my motorcycle so I tried it on my truck and it worked there too!
I also disconnected my battery but that was a couple of days later and wasn't done to correct the throttle problem but it drives like it's suppose to now.
That is interesting. What is the logic behind this procedure? I have heard of disconnecting the battery to reset the system but not this.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:15 AM
PURAVIDA

Originally Posted by diamonbird
You forgot the part where you then get out of the truck and run around it 5 times while screaming like a lunatic to the truck gods to please make your throttle response more like a Chevy.

J/K I am also curious about the logic on this one. I've never heard of it and if it works then there will be some very happy F150 owners on this forum.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:04 AM

You forgot the part where you then get out of the truck and run around it 5 times while screaming like a lunatic to the truck gods to please make your throttle response more like a Chevy.

J/K I am also curious about the logic on this one. I've never heard of it and if it works then there will be some very happy F150 owners on this forum.
LMAO, k i'll make sure i try this next time.. hahaaha

Quick Reply: Throttle Response