Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Temperature Blend door actuator, which one???

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Temperature Blend door actuator, which one???

So I have the all too common issue with either hot air or cold air coming out of my 2008 F150 XLT SCrew vents. No real temp control for warm or cool air. I've been reading all of the information on the blend door actuator replacement and I want to be clear on which actuator I need to replace.

My issue is with the temp, not the vent selection. My vent selection works fine. I can select floor, dash, defrost or any available combo. So which actuator controls the air temp, the one behind the radio (in the dash) or the actuator behind the floor panel (above the floor vent)?

I believe the actuators are also different, one has a longer (black) control arm, and one has a shorter (white) control arm. Please point me in the right direction so I can get this replaced. Thanks
Old 12-27-2013, 12:16 PM
JNelson

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

The actuator behind the radio in the dash controls the temperature. It is the longer one. It's not bad to replace at all and there are a few step by step directions on the forum somewhere.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fixed

Thanks for the heads up, yup that was the problem, actuator was shot. I did have a little scare when I bought the new one and the control arm indexing did not line up with the position of the blend door.

After using a small mirror, flashlight and looking real hard at the old actuator, I opened up the new actuators cover and carefully pushed up the control arm and readjusted it to match the old control arm position. Slipped right in to the blend door, screwed it down and all is fixed.

Quick Reply: Temperature Blend door actuator, which one???