Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Suspension Upgrades

Old 03-22-2015, 02:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Suspension Upgrades

Hey guys, been peering over threads for days and can't find an answer to my question.

I'm on a budget, and in order to upgrade my suspension to the best it can be, I need to do it in stages.

I really want either the fabtech performance 6 inch lift or the procomp stage II lift since they offer coilovers in their lift kits. But since each of those are a few grand, as are new tires and rims, I couldn't squeeze all that cash out at one time.

So, my plan now is to grab a pair of FOX 2.5 Factory Series Coil-Over IFP Reservoir Shocks, they have amazing reviews and I can get them for around $1,295. Along with these I would order a pair of Camburg UCAs so the angles aren't too horrendous. This is how much cash I'm willing to put in now.

Once I got enough extra cash, next step would be to upgrade rims and tires to some 35s with a 4.5-5 in backspacing

MY QUESTION comes from my final step, which would be to purchase the components for a spindle/crossmember 6 inch lift kit minus a strut spacer/coilover system since I already have the FOXs. Can I use the FOXs with a 6 inch kit? or do I need ones specific for a 6 inch kit?

Last edited by Bruce4; 03-22-2015 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:26 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

how do the UCA's help with CV Shaft angles.. spindles are what will correct that.. money wise what your suggesting dont make sense..$1300 for a set of coilovers and UCA's.. you still need something for the rear.. i would save your money and get a full lift like you want. then when you hit the lotto you can buy $1000 struts for the front end.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce4
Hey guys, been peering over threads for days and can't find an answer to my question.

I'm on a budget, and in order to upgrade my suspension to the best it can be, I need to do it in stages.

I really want either the fabtech performance 6 inch lift or the procomp stage II lift since they offer coilovers in their lift kits. But since each of those are a few grand, as are new tires and rims, I couldn't squeeze all that cash out at one time.

So, my plan now is to grab a pair of FOX 2.5 Factory Series Coil-Over IFP Reservoir Shocks, they have amazing reviews and I can get them for around $1,295. Along with these I would order a pair of Camburg UCAs so the angles aren't too horrendous. This is how much cash I'm willing to put in now.

Once I got enough extra cash, next step would be to upgrade rims and tires to some 35s with a 4.5-5 in backspacing

MY QUESTION comes from my final step, which would be to purchase the components for a spindle/crossmember 6 inch lift kit minus a strut spacer/coilover system since I already have the FOXs. Can I use the FOXs with a 6 inch kit? or do I need ones specific for a 6 inch kit?
I have Rancho Quicklift struts on my '05... I'm currently running a pair of OEM Raptor wheels and tires on my truck... I've only invested $1,600 to be running my 35's (struts w/ wheels & tires)... I also haven't rubbed once since installing....
Old 04-09-2015, 03:27 PM
Dedicated F-150 Lover

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm kind of in the same boat on my 05 the suspension is getting old and you feel the bumps a bit more I have a 3in spacer and a 3.5in block in the rear now running 35s and I need to do make it fresh again in the cheapest way without killing ride quality!
Old 09-01-2015, 03:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm looking at the Fabtech K2003B kit

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suspension Upgrades