Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Supercharger FX4

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Supercharger FX4

Was looking at putting a Whipple Supercharge kit on to my 2005 Ford F-150 FX4. Looking for some input on whether or not to put it on. Thanks for the input.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a whipple on my 07 king ranch and I love it. I would definitely recommend it but if you have high miles on the truck you might run into a couple of small problems like I have but other than the few minor things like needing new cats the whipple on the 5.4 is amazing.
The following users liked this post:
Customization (10-07-2013)
Old 10-07-2013, 06:06 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

The whipple is expensive but without a doubt the best supercharger for our trucks. I plan on getting one in the future. You should talk to Blown Ford if you have any questions about reliability. He is still on stock block and trans and been putting down 450+ rwhp and 500+ rwtq for a couple years now I believe.

Last edited by BassAckwards; 10-07-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've developed a leak in my tranny and it's slipping pretty good but even with that I'm still running right at 400 horsepower at the wheels the truck hauls *** even with 35s it's a fun investment for sure
Old 10-07-2013, 06:27 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Customization
Was looking at putting a Whipple Supercharge kit on to my 2005 Ford F-150 FX4. Looking for some input on whether or not to put it on. Thanks for the input.
If you want to SC your truck and you got the $$ to do it right then why would you NOT do it? There are plenty of daily driven trucks/cars out there that are super charged. If you drive like a macho man d'bag then you'll be rebuilding a trans and/or engine before you can say "use KY before you do that please".
Old 10-07-2013, 06:44 PM

That's the problem its getting the money first. But once I get it I want to get it. And there are sometimes that I would want to drive like a macho man/d'bag since I'm in Hawaii right now and there's a lot of ricers that think their little civic is fast just because of the loud fart can they have on it.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:47 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

That's the problem its getting the money first. But once I get it I want to get it. And there are sometimes that I would want to drive like a macho man/d'bag since I'm in Hawaii right now and there's a lot of ricers that think their little civic is fast just because of the loud fart can they have on it.
Just keep in mind the increased maintenance that will come with this modification and Blown Ford can elaborate on it very well. Spark plugs every 40k miles(20k if you ride the truck hard a lot), oil change every 3k even with synthetic because you will get fuel blowing by your pistons diluting the oil in your motor, you can't ever let your fuel tank get low because if you launch hard with low fuel you'll catch an air bubble in your fuel line and burn the motor.

Lots of things to think about and consider.
Customization (10-08-2013)
Old 10-08-2013, 04:19 AM

Thanks, so far the maintenance that doesn't seem like to much, I already do that anyways as far as the other I'll have to message Blown Ford and see what else I will have to do
Old 10-08-2013, 09:36 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Seriously don't even waste your time on ricers. You can smoke'em a hundred times with a moped and they'll never stop acting like the way they do (it's a mental sickness). And if that doesn't convince you to not waste your time then for the price tag of this super charger (plus supporting mods to better suit it) you could go buy an old 87-93 Foxbody 5.0 and blow the doors off them with only a few mods to it!! I have a Fox and they are not to be underestimated, they are a budget HP wet dream if you love wrenching.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:31 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I had a 2003 Mustang GT with a Procharger setup, making 430 hp at the wheels on stock motor. If you want it to last, the maintenance is a must. Premium fuel only, I changed my oil like every 2,000 miles, I did plugs every 5k (much easier on a Mustang!), along with probably trashing a belt every 6 months, idler bearings, and just more issues all around. It wasn't my daily driver, but I would take it to the track often, and drive it hard when I drove it. Daily driver? Have a backup car just in case, you just never know.

Quick Reply: Supercharger FX4