Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Squeeking/Squeel Low Speeds Turning

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeeking/Squeel Low Speeds Turning

Hey folks, recently I started hearing a squeeling sound when i make turns or are slow when going straight. I thought it was the brakes, but i still hear them when I'm not on the brakes. I tried searching but couldnt find anything.

What do you all think i should check? I dont wanna bring it in to the stealerhip and get charged a crap load for something simple. Anyone ever had this problem?

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2012, 02:23 PM

Received 228 Likes on 175 Posts

Fan belt, more than likely.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:24 PM

Received 149 Likes on 122 Posts

Where is the noise coming from? Front? Back? Driver side or pass side? That may help narrow it down
Old 05-22-2012, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by speeddemon86
Where is the noise coming from? Front? Back? Driver side or pass side? That may help narrow it down
Hmm. I would say, coming from driver side, but almost hard to tell as im driving.

And i would have never guesse the fan. I dont hear it at high speeds, only low speed turns. Its soo embarassing parking and when im in a garage, its soooo loud.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:15 PM

Received 228 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by maddagascar

Hmm. I would say, coming from driver side, but almost hard to tell as im driving.

And i would have never guesse the fan. I dont hear it at high speeds, only low speed turns. Its soo embarassing parking and when im in a garage, its soooo loud.
That's why I say fan belt. I hear a lot of that in garages when the steering pumps kick in. Well not kick in but carry a load.

But the guy above me may be onto something else.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's not the fan belt.......I am having the same problems....sounds like brakes squeaking or squealing....only does it when turning or low speeds.....had to repair shop twice.....they lubed the calipers......their suggestiong was new brakes and rotors
Old 05-22-2012, 04:59 PM

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 99fan
it's not the fan belt.......I am having the same problems....sounds like brakes squeaking or squealing....only does it when turning or low speeds.....had to repair shop twice.....they lubed the calipers......their suggestiong was new brakes and rotors
Mine did this, it ended up being the rust buildup on the edge of the rotor. I cleaned this all off both inside and outside of the rotor with hammer and wire brush and it's been fine since. Could be your prob too.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:00 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I just changed my brakes and rotors and I'm hearing the same kind of thing no change. But it's not all the time. Some times it does it sometimes it doesn't
Old 05-22-2012, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by 07_F150_XLT_SCab

Mine did this, it ended up being the rust buildup on the edge of the rotor. I cleaned this all off both inside and outside of the rotor with hammer and wire brush and it's been fine since. Could be your prob too.
Hmm, ill look into. But my truck doesnt squeel when i brake at low or high speeds.
Ill take a look at my front rotors and brakes.

Originally Posted by Tprimo15
I just changed my brakes and rotors and I'm hearing the same kind of thing no change. But it's not all the time. Some times it does it sometimes it doesn't
Yeah, mine is hit or miss. But more hit, and is loud as heck!!

Could it be something in power steering? The fluid is good, but anything i can lube you guys think?
Old 05-22-2012, 05:29 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah mine doesn't do it when I break either

Quick Reply: Squeeking/Squeel Low Speeds Turning