Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Soggy Back Seat

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 02:02 PM
poopin.....on this thread

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Soggy Back Seat

Hey everyone! 1st real post (other than in the intro section) and man is it a doozy.............

So the week i buy my truck the 3rd tail light leaks (they changed the bulbs but did not get it sealed down properly when they went to put it back on so.....) I wake up to a leak from the headliner right onto the seats.

Ofcourse now the seats look like they have been wet. What can a guy do about this?

Old 09-16-2010, 02:07 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Take it back to whomever did your 3rd brake light. Thats negligence. I mean, if the part isnt under warranty, they STILL didnt put your truck back as it was prior, and thats the problem. If the manager of the store says anything like sorry, he cant do anything, kindly demand his regional managers number as you need to talk to him about this. OR if he doesnt want to do that, just toss out the L word (lawyer) and he should become compliant real quick. Sorry though
Old 09-16-2010, 02:17 PM
poopin.....on this thread

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

yeah. i showed to to them when i took it back in for them to figure out it was the break light case. but honestly, i would rather use a tooth brush to get this out than deal w/ them again. they just seem to be incompetent. i dont pretend to be a judge of anyones character without knowing them a great deal but these guys are just a bunch of ***holes.

Do you think that if i were to take it do a detail shop they could "Rug Dr." the seats like they do carpet?
Old 09-16-2010, 02:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rubbinsracin
Do you think that if i were to take it do a detail shop they could "Rug Dr." the seats like they do carpet?
I have yet to be able to get my stains out of my cloth seats, and I have the darker 2tone grey interior, and you can still see them. Tried tons of different things, rug dr, turtlewax for cloth seats, hell I even took my Bissel 2x Heated carpet cleaner out there, w/ the attachment, and still nothing.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:47 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Last weekend one of these http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bissell-Sp...leaner/5774676 took out all the stains in the grey cloth interior of my GF's mustang.

Is there any smell? May be worth getting some replacement seat covers.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow i would have gone back and ripped someone a new one. And if they gave me the run around or were compete *****holes I would have done one of two things depending on the Temper Fuse in my head. Either get the better business bureau out there or I would have knocked the guy out. I would hope for both our sakes I just called the BBB. Companies will continue to let the consumer take it in the rear unless we stop taking their crap. I will say my Ford dealership here is top notch. To bad yours had to be F*#$tards.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my father in law has the same seats and they got wet also he spent a lot of money for a detail shop to clean them and they looked great for a few days but the stains came right back... every time he gets them cleaned the water stains come right back.kick these guys asses and let them buy you some new seats

Quick Reply: Soggy Back Seat