Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

So, can i do this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 07:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default So, can i do this?

Ok, so like I mentioned before, im slightly disappointed with the outcome of my magnaflow cats. And after doing some research... I think i want to do this...

FYI, I have a SIDO super 40 and the magnaflow cats in place of the rear two cats.

Gut/Delete the front two cats and leave my magnaflow cats in the rear position like they are now, and relocate the o2 sensors to be after the magnaflow cats.

so basically i want to leave everything the same way it is now, but just remove or gut the front cats and relocate the sensors on each side. So, this will basically be trading the stock 4 cats for 2 magnaflow highflows in the rear position.

Will that work out correctly? is there anything that i am not seeing?

thanks guys.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:51 AM

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

i think that would more trouble then just moving the magnaflow cats to the front and not having any in the back
Old 11-03-2009, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by ford4wd08
i think that would more trouble then just moving the magnaflow cats to the front and not having any in the back
the only thing that im wondering though is, what's the difference between the rear and front? the rears are only like 6 inches from the front. would it matter where they are if im only going to be running a total of 2 either way?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:09 AM

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by bambo2888
the only thing that im wondering though is, what's the difference between the rear and front? the rears are only like 6 inches from the front. would it matter where they are if im only going to be running a total of 2 either way?
all that really matters is where your O2 sensors get a reading at and if its correct.....
Old 11-03-2009, 09:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think you learned anything from the first mod, cats dont have that much to do with the sound, now you want to start gutting cats and relocating 02 sensors, not a good idea. If you want louder exhaust just stratight pipe it or get an off-road exhaust. Youre gonna mess with it until it starts throwing codes.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:33 AM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Ripping off your cars WILL increase the sounds quite a bit...I'd say just cut off the fronts and throw in those high flows where they were and then you don't have to mess with the 02. o2 sensors which could get hairy...I'm just gonna cut my rears and leave it at that.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by JohnD
I dont think you learned anything from the first mod, cats dont have that much to do with the sound, now you want to start gutting cats and relocating 02 sensors, not a good idea. If you want louder exhaust just stratight pipe it or get an off-road exhaust. Youre gonna mess with it until it starts throwing codes.

well, to be honest, everyone who has done this, and has posted videos, also say that replacing the fronts and eliminating the rears significantly increases the sound.

i just want to make sure i have the correct steps and ideas.

Originally Posted by bossman15
Ripping off your cars WILL increase the sounds quite a bit...I'd say just cut off the fronts and throw in those high flows where they were and then you don't have to mess with the 02. o2 sensors which could get hairy...I'm just gonna cut my rears and leave it at that.
i think the problem is though, the fronts are at a 90 degree angle, is there a way to make these high flows work there and still be effective?