Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

seat upgrade in my 05 fx4 worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Jedi Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default seat upgrade in my 05 fx4 worth it?

So right now i have black leather but with 150,000km the driver side is getting a little tired, nothing major but I came across a set of 08 harley seats, including center console

they guy was asking 2k for it all but is willing to take $1500 for everything? Any thoughts? Also will the 08's be heated?
Old 12-22-2011, 09:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could always go to your local upholstery shop and see what it would cost to rebuild your seat. If cash isn't a issue, Harley interior would be a nice custom look. How many miles on donor truck? You might end up having 'tired' seat with a different look.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put leather in my 05 fx4 I paid 300 for seats with frames and they had heating elements from factory..... Be very care got has a ton of different harness configurations and those seats may not hit and the new harness setups are not cheap. Get the seats recover with Katskin or another company's leather it will be less expensive in the long run with less headaches.

Or u could buy those seats and remove your skins and put the new seats foam snd leather on yourself all u need is basic hand tool hog ring pliers and patience. Both captains and bench in my truck to remove and replace took about 3 hours the benches you just swap.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:07 PM

And I guarantee that the harness will not match your current btw keep that in mind
Old 12-23-2011, 12:52 AM
Jedi Master

Originally Posted by McBogus
I put leather in my 05 fx4 I paid 300 for seats with frames and they had heating elements from factory..... Be very care got has a ton of different harness configurations and those seats may not hit and the new harness setups are not cheap. Get the seats recover with Katskin or another company's leather it will be less expensive in the long run with less headaches.

Or u could buy those seats and remove your skins and put the new seats foam snd leather on yourself all u need is basic hand tool hog ring pliers and patience. Both captains and bench in my truck to remove and replace took about 3 hours the benches you just swap.
This maybe a good idea, i just thought more of a replacement then i would use my current seats in my early bronco project.
Are you sure the harnesses will be different?
Old 12-23-2011, 11:31 AM

99% my truck is a 05 fx4 extended cab and the seats I got came out of a 07 fx4 that a guy wrecked..... Those seats had power and heat in both captains and the harness would match .... My father is a ford tech and said there is 12 different harness configurations and at 1300 my cost a pop I just reskined them it didn't take long at all and I replaced the seat foam at the same time .... But take it for what it is worth
Old 12-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Jedi Master

Originally Posted by McBogus
99% my truck is a 05 fx4 extended cab and the seats I got came out of a 07 fx4 that a guy wrecked..... Those seats had power and heat in both captains and the harness would match .... My father is a ford tech and said there is 12 different harness configurations and at 1300 my cost a pop I just reskined them it didn't take long at all and I replaced the seat foam at the same time .... But take it for what it is worth
alright thanks for the heads up!

Quick Reply: seat upgrade in my 05 fx4 worth it?