Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

scratch remover??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 06:24 PM
mizzoufan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scratch remover??

so yesterday i took my truck to an off road park, it was a crap load of fun. never even came close to getting my truck stuck and there was a ton of mud. so i get back home and wash my truck off and notice that there are small scratches down the drivers side of my truck, looks like just the clear coat. anyone have a good way of fixing this? maybe take it to a body shop to have them buffed out?
Old 04-04-2010, 06:40 PM

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Meguiars Swirl-X or Scratch-X are your best choices.

Depending on how deep (or long) they are, you might need a DA (or really strong arms).
Old 04-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Go Noles >>---;--->

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kwhite0416
so yesterday i took my truck to an off road park, it was a crap load of fun. never even came close to getting my truck stuck and there was a ton of mud. so i get back home and wash my truck off and notice that there are small scratches down the drivers side of my truck, looks like just the clear coat. anyone have a good way of fixing this? maybe take it to a body shop to have them buffed out?
Ive got something similar to that on my truck as well. It looks like someone took their keys or something and just back and forth multiple times very lightly. Its more noticeable when the sun is out. But, ive tried to take some meguiars wax and tried waxing them out, but i didnt get any luck.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if they are not to deep just get a good mild/fine polishing coumpound and alittle elbow grease then directly after apply a coat of wax and you should be good to go!! i had this happen to my tailgate pretty bad over the winter when i got stuck in vermont on a snowmobiling trip and 2 of my friends ground sand from the roads into multiple spots from pushing but just afew days ago i polished them all out and it looks good as new!! and just as a gauge if you can run your finger nail over the scratch and feel the scratch it most likely needs to be buffed as it is deeper than a clearcoat scratch but for the time being you should be able to buff it enough by hand so that its hardly noticable!
Old 04-04-2010, 09:20 PM

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts

Wizard Turbo Cut from Napa... followed up by a waxing... Works great! Buffs out paint transfers from accidents, etc as well

Quick Reply: scratch remover??