Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Scam???

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 09:24 PM

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Scam???

I found this on autotrader and I am thinking that it is to good to be true. Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=6&Log=0
Old 05-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Blown Mafia

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts

It is an 06, extended cab, and private party. Seems fair. 4x4 in Florida???

Not sure what motor is in it, can you run the vin for previous salvage?
Old 05-14-2013, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by scobar
It is an 06, extended cab, and private party. Seems fair. 4x4 in Florida???

Not sure what motor is in it, can you run the vin for previous salvage?
It has the 5.4 (picture of it) and there is no vin on the page. I have an email out to the guy to try and get it. And I do not need a 4x4 living in Florida but my dad owns a 23 foot Proline (weighs almost 5K) and is not fun pulling up a ramp in 2x4. Also I have been saving for a long time and want to keep the truck for many years past college (I'm 17 now). So in short I'm just being spoiled and want one lol.

Also I know that kbb is not the best for value but for that truck with only 45000 miles on it, it is worth $17,500
Old 05-14-2013, 10:10 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I would definitely check to see if it is a salvage title. That can always bring the price of a vehicle down quite a bit. If it is I would suggest not getting it especially if you are wanting to keep if for long time. Having a clean title is the best way to go just when you go to get rid of it youre not thinking "crap i really screwed myself a long time ago when i bought this for cheap" lol. Also something always seems to wear out faster on a salvage title vehicle. If it has a clean title though, GO for it because that is a steal. If so, he might just have money problems or might just have a lot of money and wants to get rid of it!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by 04black150
I would definitely check to see if it is a salvage title. That can always bring the price of a vehicle down quite a bit. If it is I would suggest not getting it especially if you are wanting to keep if for long time. Having a clean title is the best way to go just when you go to get rid of it youre not thinking "crap i really screwed myself a long time ago when i bought this for cheap" lol. Also something always seems to wear out faster on a salvage title vehicle. If it has a clean title though, GO for it because that is a steal. If so, he might just have money problems or might just have a lot of money and wants to get rid of it!!!
It does look like a steal! But that is what I am afraid of. Looking closer at the pictures, the truck has a temp tag on it which most likely means that it is really a dealer and likely hiding something or someone fixed the truck and is flipping it. I really hope he sends me the vin number to know for sure.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is dirt cheap. I'd put the whole thing out of your mind. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Sorry to crap on your parade. I traded in my '05 Super Crew XLT last summer with 90k miles for $14k. Yes, it was a Super Crew, but it had twice as many miles and that was the trade value, which is always lower than the private party value. I wouldn't trust this seller.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This truck has also been viewed over a thousand times (see upper left side of the page), and with that low price, should not still be available if it were any good. Buyer beware.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Auto trader has ALOT of vehicles that are already sold, I'm currently looking to buy a truck and I've called at least 20 people only to find out its long sold people don't take the dang ad down. ..
Old 05-15-2013, 12:40 AM

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts

I bought my 06 scab 4x4 5.4L with 32k miles for 13k. Clean title, private seller. I had to go and buy it the same day it was listed tho, which was Christmas Eve lol. Seems like a deal to me, you have to remember that the truck is now 7 years old.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:21 AM

Man you guys are telling me that it could be a steal and that it could be a fake. Im trying not to get excited about it but cannot help myself

Quick Reply: Scam???