Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

S&B CAI opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S&B CAI opinions?

I have read through the numerous threads on CAI's but have only seen the S&B mentioned a few times. Does anyone have any opinions on this system? I have a SC Flashpaq and they offer CAI tunes for many of the popular kits. My goal is to maximize performance and sound. Would this kit pair well with a Magnaflow SI/DO exhaust sound/performance wise on an '08 5.4L?

Thanks
Old 08-13-2010, 06:30 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I have one and a magnaflow SI/SO sounds good
Old 08-13-2010, 08:17 AM
I NOM NOM NOM Threads...

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

S@B has been around a long time making quality air filters. I had a CAI from them few years ago and I ended up getting rid of it but that's cause it didn't have a heat shield. The air filter itself and tubing was well built I thought.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:41 AM

Any difference in quality/performance between S&B and the enclosed stage 2 AFE?
Old 08-14-2010, 07:15 AM

S&B is the only intake on the market that goes into the fender well like oem also pulls air from behind the headlight and it stops the most dust
Old 08-14-2010, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Cold
S&B is the only intake on the market that goes into the fender well like oem also pulls air from behind the headlight and it stops the most dust
The AFE stage 2 enclosed kit also pulls air from the fender well and appears to have a larger opening. I can not tell from the pictures whether or not it has a second opening behind the headlight. If it doesn't, would the second opening on the S&B be more beneficial than the larger single one on the AFE?
http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...08&&brandID=56

EDIT: The description states it has an auxillary air duct so I am assuming that the larger fender well duct would improve flow over the S&B. But would either of them cause the engine to run lean when replacing the stock tune for service visits?

Last edited by Jonny253; 08-14-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jonny253
The AFE stage 2 enclosed kit also pulls air from the fender well and appears to have a larger opening. I can not tell from the pictures whether or not it has a second opening behind the headlight. If it doesn't, would the second opening on the S&B be more beneficial than the larger single one on the AFE?
http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...08&&brandID=56

EDIT: The description states it has an auxillary air duct so I am assuming that the larger fender well duct would improve flow over the S&B. But would either of them cause the engine to run lean when replacing the stock tune for service visits?
That looks just like my S&B lol but with a black lid insted of the clear one
Old 08-15-2010, 03:33 PM
JACK

I have S&B and love it.....its good quality and with my functional hood i took the top off and it sounds amazing. I noticed a little bit of better throttle response but i also added my exhaust around the same time....
Old 08-15-2010, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by onelildude
I have S&B and love it.....its good quality and with my functional hood i took the top off and it sounds amazing. I noticed a little bit of better throttle response but i also added my exhaust around the same time....
That's a nice setup, looks great...and expensive

Quick Reply: S&B CAI opinions?