Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Rear suicide door won't open !

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 10:11 AM

Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Rear suicide door won't open !

What are the chances that all open points would break at the same time when opening the passenger rear door? Well the little plastic pieces that hold the wires in place. I got it open and come to find out all those pieces were brittle and just broke off. I ordered the aluminum ones and they should be coming in today. Question is do you crimp down on the new pieces once it slides over the wires coating ? Rear suicide door won't open !-photo200.jpg
These should have been put in the first place, I drove around yesterday morning for 2 1/2 hours looking for them but no one sells them besides online.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:58 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

NO. No need to. You may find that you will need to widen the space a little to allow the cable to slip in. This is easy to do, just use a flat head screwdriver and gently hammer it in between the space. Also depending on what kit you get, there are different size heads. This is so you don't have to pry open the top lock mechanism. It is made smaller to twist and slip in. There are multiple you tube videos on this.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:56 PM

Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

So update:
It took me about an hour and a half total to do the passenger side only because I couldn't get the handle lined up right to open both latches. I finally finished the passenger side and knew I had ordered enough pieces for both sides so I tackled the drivers side (way easier considering !!!) I didn't need to modify any of the pieces because I ordered the ones that come with special pieces for the top latch. I do however have a slight problem with the passenger side latch that you push or pull to open, it's very loose when open or closed like there should be some kind of tension on it but it does work very well when opening. I'll fool around with it tomorrow. For anyone wanting to fix their "door stuck" problem, order all 8 aluminum fittings that slide over the cable ends to replace the broken, brittle rubber pieces. I ordered amazon prime next day air from (Lelecar, Lexington KY)

Last edited by bourgeois1269; 08-01-2017 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:19 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Glad to hear.!!