Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Rear passenger power window problem crew cab

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 12:53 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Rear passenger power window problem crew cab

Hey guys I'm having an issue with my power window on the passenger rear window. I've been reading all kinds of stuff all over about power windows but found nothing exactly like my problem. All other windows work from all buttons except the rear passenger window, it will go down from the drivers switch and the local switch but not up. There is no sound or anything when pressing the up button as if the motor isn't responding. I'm about to open the door panel and was wondering if there is a way to jump wires to roll it up because its more than halfway down. I made an appointment with ford for the recall of the clock spring for the drivers airbag but that's not till Friday so I have a whole week and would like the window up we've been getting crazy thunderstorms here in jersey so I need it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys this site rules.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What year is your truck? I have an 07supcrew with the rear passenger side not working at all now.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:07 PM

I have a 2004, I just fixed it. Reading a little more and testing with a tester I realized when pressing up there was no voltage so I disassembled the main drivers side button and cleaned all the terminals. They were all pretty dirty and there was a ton of fuzz and crap in there. Plugged it back in and boom it works again. Melrose does nothing happen with either button on the drivers side and back door? Do you hear the motor? And have you toggled the window lock switch if equipped? If all others buttons seem to work try swapping a switch that works and see if anything happens. Also it was pretty easy to take apart and clean. But mine went down but not up, your doesn't do anything it may be the motor.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:54 PM

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

All the other switches run through the drivers seat switch so its usually always at the driver seat. Nalb, don't expect the cleaning of the switches to last too long. I think I replaced my entire switch about 2 months after cleaning. I didn't want to keep cleaning the contacts every few months. You can find them online for pretty cheap though.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:37 AM

Yeah I'm going to buy new switches just to have so if it stops working again I don't have to worry and can just swap it out. I cleaned the connection with isoprople alcohol with a q-tip they were really dirty I used like 4 q-tips and they were black after cleaning. Hopefully it last longer than a few months. All window work great now. I may take out the power rear window switch and clean that next.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ya I switched out switches and still didn't work.so im guessing motor.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull your switch, run a jumper between red and yellow and press up.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:40 PM

Received 277 Likes on 245 Posts

If you replace the switch and you still have problems, check the wires in the boot that goes from the truck to the door. A lot of the times you'll have broken wires inside from opening and closing the door.

Quick Reply: Rear passenger power window problem crew cab