Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Realtree II build.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 11:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Realtree II build.

i added the camo wrap inside and out on my rocker panels then inside on my door panels and on my mounting panel for my cd player. i really love the way the dash turned out it was a pita but worth it
Attached Thumbnails Realtree II build.-img_0936.jpg   Realtree II build.-img_0944.jpg   Realtree II build.-img_0942.jpg  
Old 01-05-2014, 11:34 PM

i installed hids and led depo tail lights. i was really surprised with the quality of these lights and them being plug and play. the hids on the other hand weresupposed to be 6000ks but seem to be 8-9000ks really blue which i dont like but seem to be pretty high quality for xentec brand. installing the hids was a different then i have done before. the kit came with a plastic adapter and two red wires and a black one so i had to play around to figure out highbeams and low beams the ground is always in the middle. i also added someled reverse light bulbs to complete the rear end.
Attached Thumbnails Realtree II build.-img_1233.jpg   Realtree II build.-img_1251.jpg   Realtree II build.-img_1243.jpg  
Old 01-05-2014, 11:44 PM

i work in the ethanol industry so i purchased an e85 conversion kit to run ethanol blended fuel to support my career. the kit sold by fuel flex international is normally 500+ but the owner of the company knocked 100 bucks off because he supports what i do then my company paid for half of it. this was even better. installation was a breeze. simply unhooked my injector connectors and plugged the male and female ends of the kit into the male and female ends of the injectors and plugs. then cleaned up the wiring with zip ties.

i have noticed a 2-3mpg loss running e85 but i have noticed a gain in power and it smells like the racetrack but im paying 60-80 cents a gallon less for e85 so its more than worth the lose. if i was doing it for the mileage id have my geo metro still.
Attached Thumbnails Realtree II build.-img_1101.jpg  
Old 01-05-2014, 11:45 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

awesome looking good so far!! little touches like the dash camo makes it pop!
The following users liked this post:
colevig (01-05-2014)
Old 01-05-2014, 11:53 PM

i purchased matching paint and supplies to PTM my headlight housings but after looking into it i wasnt feeling the possibility of breaking one and spending so much money to replace one. so instead i did a PTM on my mirror caps shouldve done it the hard way and pulled the mirrors apart. but none the less it turned out really nice. i also got my front windows tinted to match my back windows 15%
Attached Thumbnails Realtree II build.-img_1262.jpg  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:09 AM

i went shopping and got a 32 inch LED rigid style spot/fog bar after being delayed christmas and new years i finally got it in the mail. i mounted it in my lower grill spot in my bumper. if you are doing this i highly suggest 30 inches or smaller if i did that installation would have been a piece of cake. i had to remove the plastic form inside the bumper grill section and then drilled two holes 32.5inches apart which happened to center on two ridges of the bumper mount after drilling through those i had too continue drilling through the frame mounts and then get longer bolt to make it work. my sausage fingers could barely get it too work. wired it up to a push button on/off switch mounted in my dash looks very clean. this light is tooooo fricken bright, literally lights up signs more than my hids in broad daylight. i got flashed at an intersection at noon today. needless to say i readjusted it. the light is so bright i cant even tell my hids are on. my favorite mod so far! the first night pic is hids the second night pic is leds the pic of it in my grill is before i had it mounted. now its not touching any of the bumper.ill try and upload some day pics and mounted up close pics later
Attached Thumbnails Realtree II build.-img_1255.jpg   Realtree II build.-img_1261.jpg   Realtree II build.-img_1275.jpg   Realtree II build.-img_1276.jpg  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:18 AM

yesterday me and my buddy installed my 2.5 inch rough country leveling lift kit with rear blocks and shocks. took under two hours to instal front coil spacers and it ended up being perfectly level without adding the rear blocks. the rear struts were completely shot and i can feel a huge difference in ride quality. the biggest PITA about the whole thing was removing my steps. personally i think they are ugly so i dropped them. the clips the mounting bolts were mounted too had rested so they just spun and we ended up using a cutting disc to remove a few bolts. then come to find out they were two totally different steps huge difference. i wanted to get the lift in before i got tires and rims so i could get a larger tire without rubbing. tires and rims are probably next.

its currently negative 48 here so once it warms up she'll get a wash and ill post some sexy pics
Attached Thumbnails Realtree II build.-img_1274.jpg   Realtree II build.-img_1273.jpg  
Old 01-06-2014, 04:18 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Looking real good! The factory steps are ugly IMO. I'm going to look at rims tomorrow. $200 a set but they are blemished rims. That camo adds a lot of character to your truck! It looks nice on the dash too!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:29 AM

Thanks man. Just get the rims sand blasted and recoat them. 200 is a good deal my factory ones are uuggglllyyy
Old 01-06-2014, 11:40 AM
z71 killer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by colevig
i went shopping and got a 32 inch LED rigid style spot/fog bar after being delayed christmas and new years i finally got it in the mail. i mounted it in my lower grill spot in my bumper. if you are doing this i highly suggest 30 inches or smaller if i did that installation would have been a piece of cake. i had to remove the plastic form inside the bumper grill section and then drilled two holes 32.5inches apart which happened to center on two ridges of the bumper mount after drilling through those i had too continue drilling through the frame mounts and then get longer bolt to make it work. my sausage fingers could barely get it too work. wired it up to a push button on/off switch mounted in my dash looks very clean. this light is tooooo fricken bright, literally lights up signs more than my hids in broad daylight. i got flashed at an intersection at noon today. needless to say i readjusted it. the light is so bright i cant even tell my hids are on. my favorite mod so far! the first night pic is hids the second night pic is leds the pic of it in my grill is before i had it mounted. now its not touching any of the bumper.ill try and upload some day pics and mounted up close pics later
How far back did u have to drill the holes

Quick Reply: Realtree II build.