Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Radio won’t turn off

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio won’t turn off

Recently purchased an 05 Lariat and noticed that the driver’s side doors (both) don’t seem to turn off the radio when exiting the truck. I’ve already looked at the purple wire connection under the rear sill and it appeared to be in good condition. Went ahead and stripped and reconnected just to be sure. Also went ahead and sprayed WD40 all in the latch to try and release the catch. No change. What would be the next logical step?
Old 03-31-2019, 08:19 PM

Received 316 Likes on 228 Posts

It's probably one of the wires running through the rubber boot from the door to the door jamb. Those can break even though the cover still is intact.

I don't know which wires go to the door open sensor, sorry! Someone will chime in in that.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:39 PM
Monks

Received 248 Likes on 221 Posts

Wiggle that rubber boot on the door and see if it turns the radio off. Could be a short in there
Old 06-13-2019, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there, i also am having this issue plus all of a sudden my passenger rear window is not working and unfortunately it is stuck OPEN. None of the switches for the window on the passenger rear side are working anymore. To top it off when the key is in the ignition and the door is open it no longer chimes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Old 06-14-2019, 09:36 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by KlangeKeith
Hey there, i also am having this issue plus all of a sudden my passenger rear window is not working and unfortunately it is stuck OPEN. None of the switches for the window on the passenger rear side are working anymore. To top it off when the key is in the ignition and the door is open it no longer chimes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Pretty good chance the wires are broken going through the rubber boot from the driver's door to the frame. Pull back the boot and check out your wires. And get ready to do a bunch of splicing.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:43 PM

Received 277 Likes on 245 Posts

Perhaps its the delayed accessory power relay, or the door switch gone bad, or as the previous poster said, broken wires where that boot is going from the pillar to the door. After 15-20 minutes, accessory power will automatically shut off since our truck has a battery minder.

Quick Reply: Radio won’t turn off