Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Questions from a newbie, hope you can help

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 07:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Questions from a newbie, hope you can help

Hi all! Got some questions that I haven't been able to come across on the boards. Would appreciate any help I can get in answering these. Just for reference I have an 07 f150 standard cab (doesn't have seat in back) v6, 2wd.

1. First off what is my truck style called. Since it's not a true standard cab but not extended either?

2. Will switching the coils off of a 4x4 onto mine give me more lift, where I could also put the 2.5 autospring on top of that. (Giving me maybe a total of 3.5+ of lift?

3. Is there a part number for the upper half of the jump seat that has the console in it? I found one on ebay that listed a part number but the ford dealer looked at me clueless.

4. Is there a floor console for my truck version? If not how do you think the one for the extended cab would look? I thought it may look tacky with cup holders in the back part but wanted to get some opinions.

5. Last but not least, I have a shifter on the column. How painful/costly would it be to convert to the floor console with the shifter. Is it one of those "might as well buy a new truck" conversions?

I appreciate any and all help I can get with any of these questions. Thanks!!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:05 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Welcome newb, why do you think its not a standard F150? My memory says, F150, then extended cab (no extra doors), F150 Super cab, F150 Super crew.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Supercab is Fords name for extended cab. If you do not have a set of rear seats then you have a standard cab. The new body style have a little spaqce behind the seat
Old 11-17-2008, 08:13 PM

oh ok. That's one question down! I just didn't know since I have the little doors that open up like the extended cab if it was called something else. Thanks!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

1. First off what is my truck style called. Since it's not a true standard cab but not extended either? You have a standard. No back seat is the standard cab. As to the bed, Ford makes the flareside and styleside. The flareside is a flat, straight side bed. The styleside is what most oldies refer to as the stepside.

2. Will switching the coils off of a 4x4 onto mine give me more lift, where I could also put the 2.5 autospring on top of that. (Giving me maybe a total of 3.5+ of lift? I don't know this one.

3. Is there a part number for the upper half of the jump seat that has the console in it? I found one on ebay that listed a part number but the ford dealer looked at me clueless. Find a new parts guy!

4. Is there a floor console for my truck version? If not how do you think the one for the extended cab would look? I thought it may look tacky with cup holders in the back part but wanted to get some opinions. Doable

5. Last but not least, I have a shifter on the column. How painful/costly would it be to convert to the floor console with the shifter. Is it one of those "might as well buy a new truck" conversions? The basic truck or STX models with a standard cab were not offered with a floor console. You can however put one in. What will it take? A donor truck with the following: console and floor shift, dash (the dash of the floor shift consoles use a center dash that protrudes out to match up to the console. You'll also need the cover that mounts behind the steering wheel to cover up the side "hole" that the shifter arm protrudes from. You'll also need the wiring harness with the floor shift console and cable to "mate" the shifter to the connection that the steering shifter connected to. The wiring is for the overdrive button; located on the benzel around the floor shifter instead of the steering column stalk. The cover that hides the PRND123 in the dash. There's more minute details, but you get the idea.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Bucko;112151]1. First off what is my truck style called. Since it's not a true standard cab but not extended either? You have a standard. No back seat is the standard cab. As to the bed, Ford makes the flareside and styleside. The flareside is a flat, straight side bed. The styleside is what most oldies refer to as the stepside.

I think you have this one backwards...
Old 11-17-2008, 08:43 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah youve got it backwards its flareside that is considered a stepside bed. styleside is the fleetside or flatside
Old 11-17-2008, 08:48 PM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I may be beating question #1 like a dead horse...But isnt the standard cab called a Regular Cab nowadays? Regular Cab - Crew Cab - SuperCrew????
Old 11-17-2008, 08:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

regular cab, supercab, supercrew
Old 11-17-2008, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bucko
1. First off what is my truck style called. Since it's not a true standard cab but not extended either? You have a standard. No back seat is the standard cab. As to the bed, Ford makes the flareside and styleside. The flareside is a flat, straight side bed. The styleside is what most oldies refer to as the stepside.

2. Will switching the coils off of a 4x4 onto mine give me more lift, where I could also put the 2.5 autospring on top of that. (Giving me maybe a total of 3.5+ of lift? I don't know this one.

3. Is there a part number for the upper half of the jump seat that has the console in it? I found one on ebay that listed a part number but the ford dealer looked at me clueless. Find a new parts guy!

4. Is there a floor console for my truck version? If not how do you think the one for the extended cab would look? I thought it may look tacky with cup holders in the back part but wanted to get some opinions. Doable

5. Last but not least, I have a shifter on the column. How painful/costly would it be to convert to the floor console with the shifter. Is it one of those "might as well buy a new truck" conversions? The basic truck or STX models with a standard cab were not offered with a floor console. You can however put one in. What will it take? A donor truck with the following: console and floor shift, dash (the dash of the floor shift consoles use a center dash that protrudes out to match up to the console. You'll also need the cover that mounts behind the steering wheel to cover up the side "hole" that the shifter arm protrudes from. You'll also need the wiring harness with the floor shift console and cable to "mate" the shifter to the connection that the steering shifter connected to. The wiring is for the overdrive button; located on the benzel around the floor shifter instead of the steering column stalk. The cover that hides the PRND123 in the dash. There's more minute details, but you get the idea.
Thanks for the detailed reply!! Looks like I may just find the center jump seat console as it seems the conversion could add up real quick.

Quick Reply: Questions from a newbie, hope you can help