Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Question for My Fellow Flo-Thru Center Console Swappers

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 11:37 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Question for My Fellow Flo-Thru Center Console Swappers

So I have had this done successfully for a few 1000 miles now.... Originally I said screw it and just swapped out the back panel from my XLT console to remove the air vents in the rear... Now I am wondering if anyone who has done this has been able to get the actual flow-thru rear air to work? According to the schematics the motors in the xlt and the lariat air system are the same, which implies to me that there is no special flaps that channel air into the console... so is it just a matter of buying the correct ducting? If anyone has been successful in getting rear air I'd like to see how you did it.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:17 PM

Anyone?
Old 08-12-2013, 08:54 PM

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Thisguyuknow
Anyone?
there are two ducts one that goes under the seat and one that runs to the air ducts in the console... It requires you the switch out the bottom of the hvac for it to connect properly..... So what I did was cut the floor duct work and bought the piece that connects to the flow thru and made them work together. So when I run the floor or bi level it pushes air to the back.

Last edited by 18_F-150_XLT_Screw; 08-12-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:03 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the piece but i still have not tackled the job. Let me know how yours works out.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ford4x4LIFE
I have the piece but i still have not tackled the job. Let me know how yours works out.
Does that piece have a part number? Or picture?

Last edited by Thisguyuknow; 08-12-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by 07_F150_XLT_SCab
there are two ducts one that goes under the seat and one that runs to the air ducts in the console... It requires you the switch out the bottom of the hvac for it to connect properly..... So what I did was cut the floor duct work and bought the piece that connects to the flow thru and made them work together. So when I run the floor or bi level it pushes air to the back.
Got pics of this? So you only get air to the rear if you have the floor setting on?
Old 08-12-2013, 10:23 PM

Got pics of this? So you only get air to the rear if you have the floor setting on?
No pics unfortunately, it's always blowing just a slight bit regardless of setting, but blows better on the floor (that's what she said...lol) and about mid blow on the bi level.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ford4x4LIFE

Can you look at that piece you have that connects the airduct from the console to the airbox and see if there is a part number.. I have already found that all though it is not punched out that the xlt airbox has the punch out for the In vehicle temp sensor in the autoair system.. It may be the same case with this piece but I need to know what it looks like and get a part number to see if I can order one.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:54 PM

Can you look at that piece you have that connects the airduct from the console to the airbox and see if there is a part number.. I have already found that all though it is not punched out that the xlt airbox has the punch out for the In vehicle temp sensor in the autoair system.. It may be the same case with this piece but I need to know what it looks like and get a part number to see if I can order one.
Ordered it from tasca: 4L3Z19D633AA
Old 08-13-2013, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by 07_F150_XLT_SCab
Ordered it from tasca: 4L3Z19D633AA
Oh ok i wasnt following what you did before.. Now that I know what the part is and what it looks like I am going to order that and do some experimentation. Last time I looked at the airbox when I did the auto air install it looke like there was a removable panel above the floor vent ducting. I will have to convince someone with a lariat to pull out their radio bezel and get me some pictures of where the part number you gave me hooks to the air box... My goal is to have it work like it did stock which I believe was on the upper level setting only.

Quick Reply: Question for My Fellow Flo-Thru Center Console Swappers