Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Question about Wiring aftermarket subs w/Factory Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Wiring aftermarket subs w/Factory Head Unit

Oooook so I'm finally getting around to installing my subs and amp into my 2004 F140 CC Lariat. I'm installing a Super Crew Sound box.

http://www.supercrewsound.com/04F150SCrewUTSdual.html

It's going to house 2 Kicker Comp VR 10's being powered by a 1000W Kenwood KAC-8105D amp.

My truck has the factory 8" sub with the 6 disc in-dash CD changer. My initial plan was to remove the factory box, tap into the factory remote signal in the harness in the back for my remote wire to the new amp, and use a Line Level Converter, like this one, http://www.ebay.com/itm/STINGER-HI-L...967#vi-content
And simply tap into the rear speaker lines from the factory speaker harness to send a signal to the subs.

Ok... so here's the issue. When I unplugged the factory sub, and ran the radio, I noticed that even if I turn the bass all the way up, there isn't enough bass being sent to the door speakers to make them distort. It's just tons of treble. This wouldn't be a concern to me if I wasn't planning on tapping into the rear speakers for signal to the subs.

So, my question is, have any of you ran into this issue? If so, what did you do to remedy the situation? I'm using the factory headunit. Can I splice into the factory harness in the back for the factory sub? I can't find the correct diagram online to tell me what wires go to what, so I'm not sure about that.

Any advise would be great! Oh, and here's a pic of the rear harness that plugs into the factory sub. In case any of you have the correct diagram.

Thanks!!!!!

Old 05-20-2013, 06:12 PM

Anyone?
Old 05-20-2013, 10:51 PM

I've seen the '09 up guys use the sub wiring for sub inputs. Not sure ours can do it though.

John
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Question about Wiring aftermarket subs w/Factory Head Unit