Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Question about my leather

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 12:54 PM

Received 67 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Question about my leather

I've used Lexol to condition the leather in my '08 King Ranch twice now, after readin' about others doin' it safely. However, I believe it feels like the leather is actually gettin' harder/firmer/stiffer now. Will it eventually soften back up? Will switchin' to the King Ranch branded leather conditioner bring back the soft feel? Is it possible that it's all in my head and the leather isn't actually stiffer?
Old 09-27-2010, 01:02 PM
In a VAN! Down by RIVER!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always use the King Ranch branch leather conditioner on my 06' KR, with it only being $20.00 at the dealerships and only having to do it about 3-4 times per year, it aint bad. So I figure why not get the conditioner specifically made for the leather? Ya know? I've done mine twice now and got her back in December, no complaints and it really does make a difference.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by TJordan
I always use the King Ranch branch leather conditioner on my 06' KR, with it only being $20.00 at the dealerships and only having to do it about 3-4 times per year, it aint bad. So I figure why not get the conditioner specifically made for the leather? Ya know? I've done mine twice now and got her back in December, no complaints and it really does make a difference.
That's what I plan on doin'. It's too expensive of a vehicle to try go cheap with when it comes to somethin' as simple as conditioner. I'm just hopin' that the King Ranch conditioner will soften the leather back up. It might just be in my head, but it doesn't feel as soft as it used to.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:33 PM
In a VAN! Down by RIVER!

Should help out. If nothing else, it'll prevent any further hardening. This leather isn't cheap and I plan on doing everything in my power to keep them in the best condition possible. Hell, I don't even roll my windows down so that all the dirt and crap outside won't get in and on my seats. lol
Old 09-27-2010, 01:38 PM

I'm pretty **** about the leather also. I abour freaked when I noticed a buddy of mine left some scratch marks in the passenger seat because of his cellphone case. Luckily the Lexol covered the marks up pretty good, and they're not noticeable unless I pointed out where they are. We're expectin' our first child in a few months, and I'm already worryin' about the child seat screwin' up the leather. I'm hopin' that a padded & waterproof seat cover for dogs will be good enough to protect the rear seat.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:49 PM
In a VAN! Down by RIVER!

Oh I hear ya. I HATE it when I scratch my steering wheel!!! And I carry my 4 yo niece around and just put down towels on the back seat. But don't forget about the backs of the front seats, she loves to put her feet up there and chill. lol But that and some good scotch guard for the carpet are good idea. Just keep in mind that while our seats are really nice, it IS cow hide saddle leather, so they're tough too.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:11 PM

Yeah, I have the seat back covers on my list of things to get also. I won't need them for a while, though, since the kid's legs won't be able to reach. I didn't think about protectin' the carpets. Thanks for the reminder! These seats are definitely tough. I don't worry about the strength of them as much as I worry about things scratchin' or stainin' them.

Questions about the King Ranch conditioner... Does it bring back that nice smell the truck had when new? I thought the leather smelled great when I first got it.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:21 PM
In a VAN! Down by RIVER!

Eh, kinda. The conditioner really doesn't have any smell to it. But I bought mine used ( I never buy new ) and what I smell after putting the conditioner on may be what you're talking about. Otherwise, I used light scents in my truck. I can't stand overwhelming smells. lol

Do you have anything done to your truck? Mosty people on here have Lariets, super crews, FX4's or just the regular F150s. Never see pics or mods to King Ranches. I aint changing a lot. Looking for HIDs, Bull Bar, Head ache rack w/lights, intake and exhaust.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:30 PM

As of now, I don't have anything done to it. I bought the truck new Oct 30, 2007, and still have less than 18k miles on it. I don't drive it very often, so I haven't been able to justify doin' anything to it. I mostly ride my Harley wherever I go. A few months ago, I picked up a '07 Porsche Cayman, so I've been havin' fun drivin' that car a good bit too. I was interested in gettin' a 6" lift and 35's, but as much as I love that look, I've pretty much convinced myself to skip that and just admire other people's jacked up trucks. I even decided against the 4" Rancho lift. Mostly because I don't wanna deal with loadin' and unloadin' a kid in the back seat with a lifted truck. I'm vertically challenged, so that would just be a pain for me. So at some point, I want to get a 2" or 2-1/2" leveling kit and just go with 33's. I think that will keep a nice, clean look, while also addin' a little more meat. I'll also probably added a cat-back exhaust, intake, and tuner down the road sometime. I feel the truck needs some better throttle response and a few more ponies. Haven't decided on anything else, though.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:23 PM
In a VAN! Down by RIVER!

I fully agree, I plan or a leveling kit also. I'm also going to upgrade the stereo components as well... but all my plans are far down the road. Probably after I get out of boot camp.

Quick Reply: Question about my leather