Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

putting lights in my door!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Wildbillcody

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default putting lights in my door!!

With the help of my friend nick patton i got so sweet LED projectors that shine the ford logo, im mounting them on the bottom of my doors but dont know which wires to tap into so the light up with the dome when the door is opened? Anyone wired up puddle lights and know what wires to use for the light to come on when the door is opened???

Help would be great!!! Thanks
Old 01-05-2013, 02:35 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildbillcody
Anyone wired up puddle lights and know what wires to use for the light to come on when the door is opened???
I've been trying to figure out that answer for the past week, and the only thing I've come up with is I ordered a wire tester and am going to test wire after wire till I figure it out. I'm going to see if I can pull down the dome light just a little to see if I can see any wires going to it, then i'm going to try and find those same wires in the drivers side kick sill and test them there. The tester will be here this coming week, so I'll be working on it next weekend. If I come up with something I let you know. Also, if you figure it out, please let me know. Thanks.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:48 PM

I think I finally found an answer....check this out.

http://www.f150online.com/forums/art...t-circuit.html
Old 01-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Wildbillcody

I need em in the door tho, not the kick plate. If its that involves its gonna have to be put off til summer!!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Wildbillcody
I need em in the door tho, not the kick plate. If its that involves its gonna have to be put off til summer!!
That's not a How To install lights in the kick plate, it's telling you what wire you need to tap into for whatever lights you want to come on when your interior dome lights come on. Like when you hit the unlock button on you keypad. It's super easy. Get a tap in wire splicer from parts store ($2 for a bag of 20) and put you lights wherever you want them. Run the postive to the spot shown in the link i showed you, use the wire splicer and tap into the black/blue wire. Ground your lights, and there you go. Problem solved. Should be a 15 minute install.

Last edited by FL0rida CrAcK3r; 01-06-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:05 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Should be a BK/BL wire. Been like that on most ford trucks for years. Reverse wire is BK/PK.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by muddyford911
Should be a BK/BL wire. Been like that on most ford trucks for years. Reverse wire is BK/PK.
Yea I just leaned that. Though, there are two black/blue wires at the point I was going to tap into at. One is the correct one, the other isn't. Good thing I found that thread, because that could've turned out to be a headache.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Wildbillcody

Ohh ok, yea its supposed to be -10 here in ohio tomorrow so im gonna wait til spring before I open that can of worms, cause I know plastic likes to break when its this cold haha so I'll wait for warmer weather haha

Quick Reply: putting lights in my door!!