Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Power window woes

Old 09-27-2012, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Power window woes

I about 3 months ago, the passenger side front window regulator of my 04 crew failed and the window fell into the door. Great.. I found one on rockauto.com for $35 plus shipping which was a great deal because now my rear passenger window regulator failed and the cheapest one on rockauto is 95. I probably should have just bought from the factory to save from yet another regulator failure but hopefully these hold up. I searched the site and found lots of people ha the same problem. Has anyone else had multiple window regulators fail on them?
Old 09-27-2012, 05:03 PM

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

All mine on my screw have failed, but i know why they fail. Plastic tabs that hold the cable onto the motor assembly expand or weakens over time and becomes detached from the motor assembly. Now if ever you see your window down and you know it was up when you last parked it...DONT TRY TO GO UP AND DOWN WITH SWITCH... This will result in the cable binding and then its no good. Simply remove panel to get to regulator, reconnect plastic tab and wrap electrical tape around it. Thats how all of mine had let go, the final one I did the tape trick and it has been good ever since.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is good to know. I still have 2 windows that haven't broke yet, so I will definitely remember this!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power window woes