Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Point me to a good 4" lift thread? (detailed)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 09:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Point me to a good 4" lift thread? (detailed)

I am really interested in a 4" lift kit. Truck is leveled now but just not cutting it. Can only do a 4" kit for local laws and height requirements. Need to know how hard the rancho kit is to install, actual lift, do I NEED to replace shocks, and any other helpful info. I will be running 33"-35" tires on 17x9" wheels. My buddy just lifted his chevy and Im not sittin pretty no more...
Have heard the rancho kit is the better of the 4" kits. Im pretty handy with tools. Just need to know how hard and long the install will be. Any issues with driveshaft or vibrations? I have searched but cant seem to nail down a real helpful thread.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:46 PM
VanoFord2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pushnf8
I am really interested in a 4" lift kit. Truck is leveled now but just not cutting it. Can only do a 4" kit for local laws and height requirements. Need to know how hard the rancho kit is to install, actual lift, do I NEED to replace shocks, and any other helpful info. I will be running 33"-35" tires on 17x9" wheels. My buddy just lifted his chevy and Im not sittin pretty no more...
Have heard the rancho kit is the better of the 4" kits. Im pretty handy with tools. Just need to know how hard and long the install will be. Any issues with driveshaft or vibrations? I have searched but cant seem to nail down a real helpful thread.
Rancho is your best bet.Not Rough country.Not a complete lift imo.If i remember correctly their are two Rancho 4inch lift kits,one without shocks,and one without.Just go on their site and check em out.Rancho kit is not hard to install if you have general knowledge of trucks suspention,tools and a die grinder,do you?You don't need to install shocks,but good idea if you got the money i think.Your drive-shaft will be fine and you shouldn't have any vibrations.Also imo go with 35's is your best bet if you have the money.Hope this helps ya out somewhat.To bad Atom is not on this site,he had the 4inch rancho.Good luck and tell us what your going for and keep us updated as their have been other 4inch lifts kit questions out and pic were asked.

Quick Reply: Point me to a good 4" lift thread? (detailed)