Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Please help--exhaust and air intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 12:37 PM
kieper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help--exhaust and air intake

https://www.f150forum.com/images/smilies/help.gifI'm looking to put an exhaust system on my truck, its a 2004 f150 FX4 Super-crew. I do not know what way to go between the magnaflow, flowmaster, and MBRP. any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I would look into putting a cold air intake into it as well. I have no clue what to go with for that. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you
Old 01-30-2011, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im going with either an SLP or Magnaflow myself. I think its better to spend a little extra to get a good stain-less system. As for a cold air, I would go with a Banks system.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

I'll suggest the search tool. First grab a comfortable chair, then search on "CAI" (cold air intake), then on "exhaust". Be prepared to read hundreds of posts on just what your asking for: opinions on the best, cheapest, best sounding, best performance, and mileage gains.

These two questions are the most common asked on this forum. Many do not bother to read or answer to them anymore because they are asked so many times.

Saskatchewan eh? I just left there Saturday (taught a class to Sasktel) and am now in Calgary to do the same to Shaw. Too bad this did not pop up last week, as we could have had a beer and talked about it in person! Small world.

Welcome aboard!
Old 01-30-2011, 03:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Borla Exhaust + Banks ram air intake! and when you start it up for the first time! Haven't noticed any drone with this system! Sounds good when you get on it, and sounds a little louder than stock when your cruising. Costs more than other systems but its worth it!

Quick Reply: Please help--exhaust and air intake