Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Parking Light Bulb/Wires

Old 08-22-2015, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking Light Bulb/Wires

I have recently finished my custom headlights with new LED strips in them for the 05 and I am ready to put them on and install them. They are going to be wired into the parking lights so they come on with them.

Which bulb would they best be wired to? The actual parking lights or the little side marker light that comes on with the parking lights as well?

The side marker bulbs have a brown and black wire and the parking lights have 3 wires per bulb (unsure of colors).

Does anyone know the color codes for these bulbs? And which would be the best to tap into?

Thanks
Old 08-22-2015, 06:06 PM

UPDATE: I tapped into the side marker light of the headlight. Out of the brown and black wires, the brown is power and I used that to feed my LEDs.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:44 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

that's what i used..
Old 10-01-2015, 07:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

can you share who you opened up the light housing? Did you bake them or cut them open? Any pictures of them installed?
Old 10-02-2015, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Clear Bra Guy
can you share who you opened up the light housing? Did you bake them or cut them open? Any pictures of them installed?
I baked them. Heat the oven to 350 and once it reaches 350, place one light in and TURN OFF the oven. Let the light sit for 10-12mins as the oven cools down and that should be enough to pry open the lens sealant. Repeat for the next light. After your installation, reseal the lens to the housing using a black sealant that can be bought from most auto stores. I used a black silicone from NAPA. Use clamps and tighten the lens and housing together to get a nice seal while drying for a few hours.

The pics aren't the best but here they are installed:

Turned off
Old 10-02-2015, 12:28 AM

Received 143 Likes on 109 Posts

Interesting choice color there. Those crooked led lights in the bumper would drive me crazy
Old 10-02-2015, 05:43 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

If you removed the old sealant before applying new and resealed, they should not fog up. Let us know in a few weeks; you'll need a good rainy day, or a few humid days, then night time cooling to verify they don't fog up.
The following users liked this post:
fanggallo (10-02-2015)
Old 10-02-2015, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by connorfx4

Interesting choice color there. Those crooked led lights in the bumper would drive me crazy
Yea they're still a work in progress. Camera makes them look more crooked then they really are lol
Old 10-02-2015, 05:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fanggallo
I baked them. Heat the oven to 350 and once it reaches 350, place one light in and TURN OFF the oven. Let the light sit for 10-12mins as the oven cools down and that should be enough to pry open the lens sealant. Repeat for the next light. After your installation, reseal the lens to the housing using a black sealant that can be bought from most auto stores. I used a black silicone from NAPA. Use clamps and tighten the lens and housing together to get a nice seal while drying for a few hours.

The pics aren't the best but here they are installed:

Turned off
fanggallo, thanks for sharing. I have ordered my parts to do this mod in a few weeks.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Clear Bra Guy
fanggallo, thanks for sharing. I have ordered my parts to do this mod in a few weeks.
Nice! Good luck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parking Light Bulb/Wires