Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

P0606 Code

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 08:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P0606 Code

Since the very cold weather has hit us I have been having trouble starting my 2008 XLT in the morning. I turn the key but no crank. I continue to turn the key and eventually it catches and all is good. This morning I had the same no crank problem but did get her going. After starting the CEL came on and remained on. I had a friend check with a code reader and the P0606 code showed up.

Has anyone else had the happen and if so is there a cure?

2008 F150 XLT 5.4 with58,000km on the clock.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2014, 09:25 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

This is what I found. hope it helps.

This code is a fairly simple one. It basically means that the PCM/ECM (powertrain/engine control module) has detected an internal integrity fault in the PCM. When this code is activated it should store freeze-frame data that helps someone with an advanced code scanning tool to get information on exactly what was going on with the vehicle when the P0606 code was triggered. Symptoms Most likely the only symptom of a P0606 DTC code is the illumination of the "Check Engine Light" a.k.a. MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp). Causes In all likelyhood the PCM / ECM has failed. Possible Solutions As a vehicle owner there is little you can do to fix this code. The most common fix for a P0606 code is to replace the PCM, although in some cases re-flashing the PCM with updated software could possibly fix this. Be sure to check for TSB's on your vehicle (Technical Service Bulletins). In all likelyhood the fix is to replace the PCM. This is generally not a "do-it-yourself" task, although in some cases it may be. We strongly recommend you have a qualified repair shop / technician do the work, one that has the capability to reprogram the new PCM. Installing the new PCM may involve using special tools to program the vehicle's VIN (vehicle identification number) and/or anti-theft information(PATS, etc.).

Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0606
Copyright © OBD-Codes.com
The following users liked this post:
Copperj (03-04-2014)
Old 03-04-2014, 10:06 AM

Well I guess a trip to the dealer is in order.

Thanks for your research on the topic.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:43 PM

Smile

Well the CEL has gone out and the truck is running like new. I don't know what happened to turn it on in the first place but after a few days of driving all is well.

Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: P0606 Code