Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

p0355 Fuel injector stops working after start up

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry p0355 Fuel injector stops working after start up

So I need help asap please. I have a 2007 F150 5.4L flex fuel. I've been having serious issues with misfires and p0300 codes and finally I fixed them but as soon as I took care of it I got another misfire but this time I got a P0355 code and I can't figure out what else to do. I've narrowed it down to the Fuel injector 5 loses pulse after start up and just shuts off. Only effects FI #5 all other test fine so I know its not my test set. Tested this with a NOID tester. Replaced the PCM and reprogrammed and relearned the key.

Also replaced connectors to the FI. Other things I've replaced spark plugs with motorcraft plugs, all coils (some I replaced twice), I realigned the timing chains after replacing guides and tensioners (worked fine for month after this), ohmed out FI #1,#2,#3,#5 at 14-15 ohms.

I doubt its the harness because its very consistent on pulsing on start up and then quickly shutting off but I did do a light check on it anyway. What else can I do?
My only other train of thought is swap FI just for the warm and fuzzy that its definitely not it and removing crank sensor to peek in and check the Crankshaft trigger wheel.

Any other out side the box thinking or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: p0355 Fuel injector stops working after start up