Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

oil pressure issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 02:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default oil pressure issue

just did complete timing kit overhaul. ( cam phaser, time chains and guides, tensioners, solenoids, oil, filter the works. ) even did new coolant water pump thermostat since it was so apart.
Started right up runs like a champ. ticking hs ceased no more chain slap. only problem now is... was leaving lunch at chick-fil-a, back up drove out of parking lot came up to a stop sign, and when I stopped engine died check engine light came on and warning message came on saying low oil pressure. I put it in park turned key off. restarted check oil pressure gauge and its fine. so I drive off cautiously monitoring all the vitals. Fine no problems once again. So what the H-e-L-L happened? Any words of wisdom would be great! My only guess is I have something at the bottom of my oil pan that got sucked into the oil pump cause a blockage and once the motor died it fell back to the bottom? maybe maybe not..... anyways thanks for any responses!
Old 02-26-2014, 03:34 PM
poopin.....on this thread

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

your oil pressure light probably came on because the engine died not the other way around. You will notice that if you turn the key to the on position without starting the motor you will get the light also.

when you took everything apart did you pull the neg battery terminal off? could be that you need to reset your computer to get it to relearn the idle. Might also be a good idea when you pull the neg battery terminal off to pull off the TB and clean it and MAF sensor with the proper cleaners while the computer is resetting.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rubbinsracin
your oil pressure light probably came on because the engine died not the other way around. You will notice that if you turn the key to the on position without starting the motor you will get the light also.

when you took everything apart did you pull the neg battery terminal off? could be that you need to reset your computer to get it to relearn the idle. Might also be a good idea when you pull the neg battery terminal off to pull off the TB and clean it and MAF sensor with the proper cleaners while the computer is resetting.
I disconnected everything in terms of the battery as it was easier to work on the truck with all of that out of the way. had it off for about 36 hours. How does the relearn work? Just did TB and MAf about a month ago so they should still be good.
It s good to hear its probably not the oil pressure then! i was already thinking the worse the second i saw that.

Quick Reply: oil pressure issue