Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

oil filter

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil filter

is there a difference between whatever oil filter express lube uses and the K&N oil filter? or is that just something they're trying to get you to buy for no reason
Old 04-15-2008, 07:05 AM

Talking

I use the k&n.
If you want to see what they have to say about their filter, look here: http://www.knfilters.com/oilfilter.htm
Old 04-15-2008, 02:44 PM

Don't use anything but a Motorcraft oil filter........superior anti-drainback valve.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Amatuer Lumberjack

I agree. Why would you use anything but a Motorcraft???
Old 04-15-2008, 10:04 PM

MOTORCRAFT ONLY i work with hydraulics and the only way to get more oil through a passage is to have lager filter media more dirt
Old 04-17-2008, 12:20 AM
Amatuer Lumberjack

Not to mention the fact that you can buy Motorcraft filters at any Wal-Mart and they really arent all that expensive.
The way I look at it, as long as the price isnt way out of line, Id always prefer to use OEM parts...
Old 04-17-2008, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Octane
I agree. Why would you use anything but a Motorcraft???
first of all because i can ,,,,second of all because motor craft, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, isnt the best...not bad but not the best..
Old 04-17-2008, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by mbrown29
is there a difference between whatever oil filter express lube uses and the K&N oil filter? or is that just something they're trying to get you to buy for no reason
express lube places usually use a noname... which usually converts to no quality....

but see so much of this is hard to say stuff about.... I was an advisor at a cadillac dealership.... most of the newer cadillacs come with mobile 1 synthetic.... if you had seen the clumps of oil just dragging out of those cadillac engines youd never use mobile one... me personally i dont like mobile one and the factory cadillac filters.... but others say mobile one works for them so that is all you can go by.....what ever makes you feel secure..just do your homework and read reviews...
Old 04-17-2008, 07:19 AM

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Originally Posted by iluvmyford
.....what ever makes you feel secure..just do your homework and read reviews...
Old 04-17-2008, 09:58 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by iluvmyford

but see so much of this is hard to say stuff about.... I was an advisor at a cadillac dealership.... most of the newer cadillacs come with mobile 1 synthetic.... if you had seen the clumps of oil just dragging out of those cadillac engines youd never use mobile one... me personally i dont like mobile one and the factory cadillac filters.... but others say mobile one works for them so that is all you can go by.....what ever makes you feel secure..just do your homework and read reviews...
I have seen those same clumps with EVERY!!!!! oil. Its due to lack of maintenance. IF you change your oil every 5 k with synthetic and every 3 k with dino oil you wont see those clumps. Mobil 1 is all I use personally. If you like another synthetic thats fine, I have pulled engines apart, due to blown head gaskets or something else, that used Mobil 1 exclusivly for over 200 k and there was no ridge at the top and even the cross hatches were still in the cylinder wall. Thats a pretty damn good indicator of how good the lubrication is.

Quick Reply: oil filter