Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Not happy with my eBay Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Not happy with my eBay Headlights

Well after I gave up on baking the lights in the oven, I broke down and used some Xmas money to order some blacked out lights from eBay.

If any of you are planning on ordering the lights from eBay I would suggest you find a different seller. This is who I got mine from. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390278108970&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Now on to the problems I had. They looked great when I got them out of the box. Looked over a little closer I saw that the silicone was separating just a little bit in one small spot on each light. No big deal put some silicone in there and let them dry overnight.

Went to install them and the parking light and reflector bulb fit in fine. The headlight bulb was a different story thought. They would go in but would not turn that 1/3 of a turn to lock them in. I had to make them fit but still wouldn’t lock in all the way. I am worried that they will work loose driving down the road.

Then I went to pop them back in and wouldn’t you know the clip won’t fit. Had to bend it and make that fit also and is still not fitting right on the driver side.

Well I had to throw in the towel and give up as it is 15 degrees out and my fingers were numb and went to finish bolting them down. The bottom bolt hole needed a little filing and coaxing to fit. But I finally got it done.

Anyone have and suggestions or experiences ordering the black lights from eBay
Sorry for the long post guys I just needed to vent
Here are some pics

Old 01-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Offshore Poster

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouch, that's a bad fitment. Those are the knockoff Hella headlights. When you installed the headlight bulbs in them, did you make sure the gasket around the socket was still there and not stuck on the stock housing still?
Old 01-16-2011, 05:05 PM

No surprise there

Sorry on the fitment issues, get your money back
Old 01-16-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mtaters
Well after I gave up on baking the lights in the oven, I broke down and used some Xmas money to order some blacked out lights from eBay.

If any of you are planning on ordering the lights from eBay I would suggest you find a different seller. This is who I got mine from. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Now on to the problems I had. They looked great when I got them out of the box. Looked over a little closer I saw that the silicone was separating just a little bit in one small spot on each light. No big deal put some silicone in there and let them dry overnight.

Went to install them and the parking light and reflector bulb fit in fine. The headlight bulb was a different story thought. They would go in but would not turn that 1/3 of a turn to lock them in. I had to make them fit but still wouldn't lock in all the way. I am worried that they will work loose driving down the road.

Then I went to pop them back in and wouldn't you know the clip won't fit. Had to bend it and make that fit also and is still not fitting right on the driver side.

Well I had to throw in the towel and give up as it is 15 degrees out and my fingers were numb and went to finish bolting them down. The bottom bolt hole needed a little filing and coaxing to fit. But I finally got it done.

Anyone have and suggestions or experiences ordering the black lights from eBay
Sorry for the long post guys I just needed to vent
Here are some pics

Ouch.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by TunaSlayer
Ouch, that's a bad fitment. Those are the knockoff Hella headlights. When you installed the headlight bulbs in them, did you make sure the gasket around the socket was still there and not stuck on the stock housing still?
yeah i made sure everything was right. might be able to get it to suck back in and fit tighter but gave it up today because of the cold weather. once summer hits might try cracking the oem ones open again.

I did send a message to the seller we will see how he replies. theres just no way im paying 35 ****ing dollars to ship it back

You get what you pay for i guess
Old 01-16-2011, 06:59 PM

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Well, not to be a smart ***, but they were only fourty something dollars a piece with the shipping. I wouldnt have expected anything more than what you got. Just run them for a while and get your money out of them. It really is that way with Ebay. Get what you pay for. They do look pretty good other than the fitment IMO...
Old 01-16-2011, 07:11 PM
Offshore Poster

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you talked to the seller? What are the refund policies? I'd send them back if you can, or sell them on CL. Save up for Hellas
Old 01-16-2011, 08:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say just keep plugging away on the OEM lights. It's a bit of a pain, but well worth it in the end!
Old 01-16-2011, 08:29 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I had the same trouble with my projectors. You get what you pat for. Next time, I'll know what to get.
Attached Thumbnails Not happy with my eBay Headlights-image-4117177245.jpg  
Old 01-16-2011, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cormack71
I had the same trouble with my projectors. You get what you pat for. Next time, I'll know what to get.
Yeah sucks doesnt it. I am waiting for the seller to respond back to me, since its Sunday im not expecting anything until tomorrow

Quick Reply: Not happy with my eBay Headlights