Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

No one stocks the tires that came on my truck?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No one stocks the tires that came on my truck?

Hey there thanks for reading! I did a search, and I am still intrigued at the difficulty I am having finding new tires for my truck. My truck is as follows:

2006 F150 XLT
Standard Shift 4.2L
70065 Miles
Tire Size (From door frame sticker and written on tires): 235/70/17

I spent most of the day running around trying to find new tires for this thing. I visited two different Pep Boys, two Tires Plus and a few other mom and pop type of tire shops. I am looking for carry out tires because I have the machine to do the tires my self. Everyone says the same thing when they hear the tire size, not a problem let me pull them up and give you a price. After the computer loads they give me a puzzled look and tell me the tires are special order (if they even turn up results for them). If they have them on special order, the price is outrageous (over 200 a tire + shipping).

My main questions are as follows:

What is so different about my truck that these places do not have tires for it?
Can I switch to a different tire size to expand my options?
Has anyone else had problems finding tires (maybe my problem is regional. I live in south florida - WPB)

I apologize in advance if there this has been discussed before and I overlooked it.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the shops have to special order them and you have to pay the shipping, mind as well buy them online.

According tot Tire Rack, your truck came from the factory w/ either 235/70/17 or 255/65/17. $200 per tire for a tire that size seems ridiculous.

Check Tire Rack for some options:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Select...+Payload+6-Lug
Old 01-08-2011, 05:30 PM

That Sucks I just sold my set of 4 off my 2010, and I'm from Jupiter,FL. I sold them for about $150 for all 4 they had 6,000 miles on them. What about going up to a 245/70-17? Good luck with the search, and do u like WPB.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:33 PM

Hey try Caroline tire it's off palm beach lakes blvd it's a used/new tire shop. I forgot the intersecting street it's off of there's a texaco and a burger king off the intersection. You can google them.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:00 PM
PJB

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Try Firestone.

Ive got 235/75/17's and not many companies make that size either but Firestone does.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:36 PM

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated! I would actually like to upgrade to a more common tire size to expand my choices if I can. If the 245 is more common this seems like it could be an effective solution.

I use to like WPB a lot more than I do now. It seems like the law enforcement around here has to much funding as they are expanding out west with their 'new toys'. They have F250's Grizzy's and Rhyno's...I guess it is an ATV 'task force', what a waste of money. I use to enjoy my ATV, but oh well. I would move if it weren't for the job.

Anyways, thanks for the tire help guys, the search will continue!
Old 01-08-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ford Forever
Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated! I would actually like to upgrade to a more common tire size to expand my choices if I can. If the 245 is more common this seems like it could be an effective solution.

I use to like WPB a lot more than I do now. It seems like the law enforcement around here has to much funding as they are expanding out west with their 'new toys'. They have F250's Grizzy's and Rhyno's...I guess it is an ATV 'task force', what a waste of money. I use to enjoy my ATV, but oh well. I would move if it weren't for the job.

Anyways, thanks for the tire help guys, the search will continue!
No problem man, and I understand what your talking about PBSO it's like u can't go out west and do anymore fun stuff cuz there right up your ***, thats why were thinking about maybe moving to the west coast like Naples to tampa a lot more space no that much congestion.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that was the stock size on mine as well, I upgraded to 265/70-17. I recalibrated thru my Banks Tuner, so my speedo is still correct.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try www.discounttire.com. They will ship free of charge to your home. No sales taxes either. It's the only way to go.

Quick Reply: No one stocks the tires that came on my truck?