Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

No Brake Pressure After Bleed. Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy No Brake Pressure After Bleed. Help!!!

Hey Guys I picked up a 2006 F150 xlt at auction knowing it would need some work and found out it need a lot of front tlc. I replaced the cv, knuckle, spindle, hub, IVE (4x4actuator), on the passenger side. Replaced both sides calipers, rotors, and brake pads. Then I bled the front brakes, and had no pressure, then I bled all four again and still no pressure. Theres no visible leaks. The abs sensor on the passenger side is fried but I don't think that would affect the pressure. Before we did the repairs there was some brake pressure when you first pressed on the pedal but then it would go spongy in the middle and you would have to push it all the way to the floor and she would stop. Does this mean the Master Cylinder is fine if I had some pressure before the repairs? What can I do to get pressure in my brakes? and what could i be doing wrong? Any suggestions would be great.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:48 PM
HarrisRacing17

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Cr.Adamson
Hey Guys I picked up a 2006 F150 xlt at auction knowing it would need some work and found out it need a lot of front tlc. I replaced the cv, knuckle, spindle, hub, IVE (4x4actuator), on the passenger side. Replaced both sides calipers, rotors, and brake pads. Then I bled the front brakes, and had no pressure, then I bled all four again and still no pressure. Theres no visible leaks. The abs sensor on the passenger side is fried but I don't think that would affect the pressure. Before we did the repairs there was some brake pressure when you first pressed on the pedal but then it would go spongy in the middle and you would have to push it all the way to the floor and she would stop. Does this mean the Master Cylinder is fine if I had some pressure before the repairs? What can I do to get pressure in my brakes? and what could i be doing wrong? Any suggestions would be great.
im having the exact same problem. BUMP
Old 09-24-2012, 06:31 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

On my 03 Mach 1 I had to bleed master cylinder, don't know if it is possible on these trucks or not, but that could be it
The following users liked this post:
Cr.Adamson (09-26-2012)
Old 09-24-2012, 07:30 PM

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Sounds like you need to start with the master and get pressure up there first. I'm not sure how the cylinder is mounted but it needs to be level when your bleeding it. They do make a kit for bleeding it in a vise. Good luck.
Cr.Adamson (09-26-2012)
Old 09-24-2012, 07:53 PM

How should i go about doing that? Replace the whole master cylinder? Or would i just go through the same process as with bleeding the brakes but at the master cylinder?
Old 09-25-2012, 11:25 AM

How should i go about doing that? Replace the whole master cylinder? Or would i just go through the same process as with bleeding the brakes but at the master cylinder?
There is a kit for bleeding master cylinders that connects metal lines that screw into the ports on the master and the other end goes into the resevoir-this is easier to do in a vise but can be done in the vehicle. All you do is fill the master and slowly pump the master, all the air gets pushed out, so as soon as you quit see air bubbles you stop. Now the master is ready to have the brake lines reattached. You can do it the old fashion way and cover the ports with your fingers and pump, a little messy but it works. The key here is the master has to have all the air out before you can bleed the lines.
Cr.Adamson (09-26-2012)
Old 09-26-2012, 08:40 PM

Okay i'll try that out this saturday thanks a lot i really apreciate it. In the meantime i was also thinking there may be something wrong with the back brakes that is causing me to lose pressure. I bled the back when i did the front brakes but thats about all i did. Like i said theres no visible leaks anywhere but the e-brake doesn't work. I hope for the drums it's just a problem with the e-brake cable but would this affect my pressure? The brakes on the 06 f150's are drum and disc. I know it's not much to go on and i need to get under there and take a look but maybe just speculation on possible problems?
Old 09-27-2012, 01:58 PM

Okay i'll try that out this saturday thanks a lot i really apreciate it. In the meantime i was also thinking there may be something wrong with the back brakes that is causing me to lose pressure. I bled the back when i did the front brakes but thats about all i did. Like i said theres no visible leaks anywhere but the e-brake doesn't work. I hope for the drums it's just a problem with the e-brake cable but would this affect my pressure? The brakes on the 06 f150's are drum and disc. I know it's not much to go on and i need to get under there and take a look but maybe just speculation on possible problems?
Hey Cr, there are alot of things that could effect your p-brake, if you want, PM me and I'll give you my e-mail if you need any help after you tear into it, I start a house remodel tomorrow so I have lots to do but I don't mind trying to help you out.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:09 PM
HarrisRacing17

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Reviving an old thread..... One of the older fellows i work with thinks our trucks need to be pressure bled after they have had their calipers and brakes serviced. i am going to try that and see if it works

Quick Reply: No Brake Pressure After Bleed. Help!!!