Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Newbie to the site, also just bought 04 f-150

Old 04-04-2010, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie to the site, also just bought 04 f-150

Hey guys im new here, I figured I ought to join in case i have any questions/comments/concerns on the fords. Ive always been a huge ford fan and have owned a few so far. My 01 F-150 was my first big truck purchase, and still was my favorite. I also had a 96 F-250 work truck which i really liked because of the simplicity and reliability. I owned a 85 and 95 chev too, but did not like either of them.

Anyhow, I bought a 04 F-150 lariat ext cab short box 4x4 with the 5.4 and 3.73 gears a couple weeks ago. Its solid aspen green with all black leather interior and only has 33002 miles on it. It has nearly every option possible from ford for that year.

Now some questions, what products do you have the best luck with for cleaning/conditioning leather? And would you recommend seat covers or just to keep maintaining the leather? How about a good wax for this darker color? And also performance, i have heard several people with intakes say they lose mpg and several say they gained mpg, has anyone had good/bad experiences? also, I may eventually put mild exhaust on it, I hear a single exhaust is the best mpg set-up for these trucks? Is this true? I have some friends with exhaust, one with a straight single pipe which sounds great, one with true dual straights which is ok but kind of obnoxious and one with straight y-pipe duals which drones insanely bad. I am thinking of maybe a borla single exhaust.

Any input on anything would be great! sorry for the long message, im just excited to know everything about these trucks. My dad has an 05 F-150 like mine, but an XLT with 3.55 gears and i really dont like his truck, but i bought this lariat and im very happy i did!
Old 04-04-2010, 01:22 PM

I'm also very intersted in the responses to your questions crossfire...I bought a black 05 supercrew 4x4 lariat yesterday and I have the same concerns with the cold air and the exhaust. Have you looked into options for connecting an iPod through the aux port?
Old 04-04-2010, 01:58 PM
This picture scares you

OK guys, all of your questions have been answered 100's of times (at least with the CAI and exhaust)... Search, search, search... There is a section of the forum that is dedicated to all of the aftermarket stuff...

There is even a subforum for detailing:

https://www.f150forum.com/f28/

Welcome to the site, look around and enjoy the many answers to questions already asked... And yes we know there are Chevy adds on this site... LOL
Old 04-04-2010, 02:04 PM
This picture scares you

Originally Posted by Crossfire660R

Anyhow, I bought a 04 F-150 lariat ext cab short box 4x4 with the 5.4 and 3.73 gears a couple weeks ago. Its solid aspen green with all black leather interior and only has 33002 miles on it. It has nearly every option possible from ford for that year.

I forgot to add:

Without pictures this did not happen!!!! Let's see some pics!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2010, 03:04 PM

No I have no idea how to use my IPod on this truck. It has the 6-cd changer but no Aux input for any wire plugs. Not sure how to work it?

And yeah i figured on doing some searching, but i thought i could get a few answers to start with haha.

And here are a few pictures, I kinda took these randomly. the one picture of the front of the truck was taken the day i bought it, the other 2 were taken the first weekend i had it at our place in northern WI

No BS'er here!
Attached Images    
Old 04-04-2010, 04:57 PM
This picture scares you

Very nice!!
Old 04-04-2010, 05:51 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

AUX was just for the rear seat DVD or sirius on these trucks, if you want just a line in jack then pick up one of these on ebay: PIE FRD04-AUX CAN-BUS Auxiliary Input MP3 Ipod adaptor
There are a couple out there that will do ipod control as well, just a bit more expensive.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:15 PM

thanks cam!

and alrighty ill check on that Gator, thanks!
Old 04-04-2010, 09:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camstng66
OK guys, all of your questions have been answered 100's of times (at least with the CAI and exhaust)... Search, search, search...
camstng66,just remember this. If everyone simply used the search function on a forum, the forum would be useless. Every imaginable question about most every subject has been answered numerous times in numerous places. If people only searched until they find the answer,WHERE WOULD I WASTE THE TIME I SPEND AT WORK?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbie to the site, also just bought 04 f-150