Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New transmission safe for programmer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 04:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default New transmission safe for programmer?

i just replaced my transmission with one from ETE Reman, is it safe to continue to use the edge evolution on it? Here is what they told me when I asked what all was done to it.(Shift Pro)

here are all the updates we do to the 4R70 transmissions.

• Six-plate direct clutch and four-plate intermediate clutch packs, standard on all models, increase durability and performance.
• New EPC solenoid installed for precise pressure control.
• New boost valve kit, pressure regulator valve, bypass converter clutch sleeve, and plunger eliminate delayed engagement, shudder, and soft shifting.
• Upgraded spiral lock snap ring and staked retainer for intermediate clutch address an OE design flaw and eliminate premature failure.
• Updated 1-2 and 2-3 accumulator pistons prevent harsh shifting and premature clutch failure.
• New overdrive servo pin sleeve installed in ETE REMAN’s servo modification process with custom-designed tooling and bushings.
• Completely remanufactured pump with new line bore bushings eliminates leaks and provides superior flow and durability.
• Fully remanufactured torque converter is tested for leaks, lockup, concentricity, and balance. Upgrades exceed OE requirements and eliminate the possibility of front seal leaks, premature bushing wear, and vibration.
• 2001 and newer models feature a new 3-4 capacity valve sleeve and an extra-thick zinc-coated Super Tough Plate to eliminate plate cracking and cross leaks caused by repeated stress from the 2-3 accumulator piston spring retainer.
• Police, towing, and performance packages include: eight-plate direct clutch pack, additional valve body modifications, elevated pressure regulator valve, and other upgrades to increase durability and load capacity.
• New custom-spec bushings improve internal fluid flow control and pressure.
• Complete road simulation testing using ETE REMAN’s proprietary dynamometer testing program called CARS (Computer- Aided Road Simulation). Every transmission is cold- and hot-tested while using Synthetec ATF, a custom-blended
fully synthetic automatic transmission fluid, and filtration system.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:36 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

I would hook it back up and adjust the shift firmness to +5 and ride like the wind.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:58 AM

Can I get some serious answers, I liked having the edge before and I’d like to have it with this one but I’d hate to destroy my transmission
Old 03-24-2018, 11:50 AM

Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts

Techrep gave you a serious answer. He's pretty knowledgeable.
The following users liked this post:
techrep (03-24-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 12:48 PM
workin for parts!!!

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Lots if people tune their new truck right off the lot. I would tune yours and enjoy it.
The following users liked this post:
techrep (03-24-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 02:48 PM
Mark

Originally Posted by heydave
Can I get some serious answers, I liked having the edge before and I’d like to have it with this one but I’d hate to destroy my transmission
that was a serious answer... had my Edge Evolution installed since new.. +5 on the shift firmness.. my tranny is just fine.. but, I service it regularly.. how often did you service your old tranny ?
Old 03-24-2018, 04:04 PM

I never made it til the first service it was rebuilt and went out before it got there, and my apologies +5 sounded like maxed out or it may be and I thought it was gonna hurt something. So just go to +5 I used the towing level mainly don’t need performance and I’ll be safe?
Old 03-24-2018, 04:06 PM

My worry is where it is remanufactured and they “change” stuff I don’t wanna ruin it again you know.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:52 PM

Let me ask this, is it safe to run level 2 since I have a remanufactured transmission?
Old 03-25-2018, 08:37 AM
Mark

Yes..

Quick Reply: New transmission safe for programmer?