Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New FX4 owner from Georgia!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:53 AM
Noobie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New FX4 owner from Georgia!

Hello all! I posted this in the intro section as well but figured I would post it here since I'll be in the section most of the time!

Noob here from the lovely Ga! Name's Austin and I recently picked up a 2004 FX4 SCAB in silver metallic! She's currently bone stock but plans include a 2"-2.5" level, powdercoated black stock wheels until I decide on a set of wheels, blacked-out headlight housings, HIDs, good-sized off-road tires, darker window tint, Spyder (iirc) LED tails, some form of exhaust, and more than likely some sort of simple/small sound system! My list will grow though as I find inspiration from some of y'all! She does have the 5.4 which I am slightly worried about from reading up and lurking in the past few weeks before I bought the truck. I'm not looking forward to dealing with these 2-piece plugs I keep hearing about that's for sure! I will get pictures up sometime this week of her though!

This will be my second F150, the previous being a 97 XL, and third Ford. I look forward to hearing some constructive criticism, advice, and warnings, as well as getting inspiration for mods, and learning more about my truck!

Old 01-21-2013, 12:06 PM

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

Welcome to the forums brother! Im your neighbor over here in Alabama. There are alot of helpful people on here, and you will become addicted to this site like I have. Congrats on your new purchase and Im sure you'll have a blast with the mods!
The following users liked this post:
FX4 Auddie (01-21-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome! i like the direction you want to take the truck, as I have a lot of what your talking about.

this forum is awesome and has helped me with a few things and I am by no means a wrench head.
The following users liked this post:
FX4 Auddie (01-21-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Noobie

Originally Posted by alsatropine
Welcome to the forums brother! Im your neighbor over here in Alabama. There are alot of helpful people on here, and you will become addicted to this site like I have. Congrats on your new purchase and Im sure you'll have a blast with the mods!
Oh yeah I can't wait to start getting it all and installed. Although it will have to wait a few months or else my wife has already threatened to castrate me lol!

This will be primarily my work truck but luckily work is generally 90% off-road anyways!

I believe I'm already addicted too haha! I'm on a few other car forums and so far this one seems more easy going and friendly for the most part! Granted it doesn't help that my other forums are all BMW forums lol!

btw Roll Tide
Old 01-21-2013, 01:52 PM
Noobie

Originally Posted by ejjones55
welcome! i like the direction you want to take the truck, as I have a lot of what your talking about.

this forum is awesome and has helped me with a few things and I am by no means a wrench head.
Awesome! The mod list in your sig is definitely about what I want to do sans maybe the headrest TVs since this one is only a SCAB.

How much of a difference did the programmer make for you? Pretty noticeable?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:00 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You should post some pics of what your working with right now, so we can help give you some ideas.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Noobie

Originally Posted by KiNgMiKe2121
You should post some pics of what your working with right now, so we can help give you some ideas.
Yup! I'll get some up here shortly!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:37 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Welcome, and don't be shy on here!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Noobie

Here we are (hopefully):

Originally Posted by painthorseowner
Welcome, and don't be shy on here!
Thank you! I definitely won't!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice truck man

Here's mine
Attached Thumbnails New FX4 owner from Georgia!-image-1740044582.jpg  

Quick Reply: New FX4 owner from Georgia!